Join now - be part of our community!

Battery Upgrade VGN-FE41M

profile.country.en_GB.title
Chris99t
Visitor

Battery Upgrade VGN-FE41M

Hi Guys.

I own a Sony VGN-FE41M laptop which is over two years old. Th battery doesn't last more than about 20-30 minutes. I want to replace it with an upgraded battery with longer life. I have looked at loads of sites but I want to use a Sony battery and I don't really know enough about what I need. I believe the battery I have is a VGP-BPS2B.

Anyone assist please.

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

Hi chris, i'm in a similar situation, but for some reason now, whenever i don't have the charger plugged in it shuts down the laptop within 2 minutes, so basically the battery doesnt even matter. When my laptop restarts it says the battry is 85% or 90% charged so i don't see a reason for this happening. I have been on the power settings and made sure every setting says never turn off.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chris,

it's possible to buy replacement standard batteries direct from Vaio support..

To find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list, in your case VGN FE.

Then next to Select Model - select FE41M

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

You could also check out Nexttronis which may be cheaper - http://www.nexttronics.com/reference/sony/fe8/int-FE52B-H.htm