Join now - be part of our community!

AW11M: Windows 7 -> Backlight Keys not working propery

dartrax
Visitor

AW11M: Windows 7 -> Backlight Keys not working propery

Hello,

I just updated to Win7.

Now the backlight key to increase backlight is not working properly:

It increases LED Backlight brightness up to 40%. Then it falls back to 0% but never goes higher than 40%, unless I change backlight brightness in Win settings panel.
The On-Screen-Indicator shows up accordingly.

thank you,
dartrax

13 REPLIES 13
dartrax
Visitor

*push*

dartrax
Visitor

*push*

dartrax
Visitor

*push*

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dartrax,

I have not upgraded to Windows 7 as yet so have no firsthand experience, but in order for someone to help I suggest that you provide some more information.

1 Was this an ‘in place’ upgrade or a clean install of Windows 7?
2 Was this install from a retail copy of Windows 7?
3 If a clean install have you installed all of the original and Windows 7 upgrade drivers and utilities that are available on the Sony Support site?
4 Are there any other functions that are not working?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
dartrax
Visitor

Hi,
thank you for your reply.

1. It was an in place upgrade from Vista.
2. It was obtained from the MS Student upgrade program:
http://www.microsoft.com/germany/windows/offers/Windows-7-student-upgrade.aspx
3. I've updated all drivers with the sony driver update tool. There are no more drivers on the sony vaio support page left that I havn't installed.
4. I did not notice any other faults yet or any exclamation marks in device manager.

dartrax

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dartrax,

Have you looked at the available Win 7 drivers and utility updates that are available on the Support site (click Support at the top of this page).

I suspect that the Vaio Event Service update will solve your problem – assuming that you have not tried this already.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
dartrax
Visitor

Hi,
and again, thank you for your reply.

I've noticed that Sony released some new tool updates recently and updated everything from the support page. I assured to have the newest EventService, ControlCenter and SharedLibrary, like the Sony hotline told me.

Now, the OSD got a new modern, polished look, but functionality stays the same.

I can not increase or decrease backlight for more than, lets say, 20%.

dartrax

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Dartrax,

As previously stated I have not upgraded to Windows 7 as yet so I am probably not the best person to advise on this.

Unless anyone else has any suggestions I would try installing Shared Library and Vaio Event Service again (this sometimes takes more than one install before it works correctly).

Otherwise I suggest that you contact Support again and inform them that it is still not functioning correctly.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Unless anyone else has any suggestions I would try installing Shared Library and Vaio Event Service again (this sometimes takes more than one install before it works correctly).

Not really, like you Rich I haven't installed win 7.

dartrax have you installed the 7UPG utilities that Rich has mentioned and also the latest Sony supplied graphics driver.?