Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W653A PKG3.901EUA UPDATE

SCOOBS_465
Explorer

KDL-42W653A PKG3.901EUA UPDATE

Does anyone have any info on what the new update PKG3.901EUA resolves? i received it yesterday,but the support section was still showing 802 update and the whole section is down at the moment.

scoobs.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately the information posted about what the update is for, is always a week or 2 behind.  Best to check in a week or 2. If its not apparent on what has changed, its normally a bug fix, in the lines of "improving the stability of...."

Cheers.

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi there.

I don’t know if it’s the same, but the Asian Pacific update version PKG3.901GAA, for TV models such as Sony-asia - Download - KDL-42W650A and KDL-42W658A, say only this:

“Improvements over earlier version:

Improves the performance and stability of the Internet TV features.”

Nothing on US Sony Support site (last version PKG3.802AAA), and only 3-4 posts on US Sony Community: http://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/new-firmware-for-XBRX900A/td-p/198175

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
SCOOBS_465
Explorer

2 weeks,  What about these email notifications as well, only i signed up to receive alerts but have never received an email even though i subscribed do these only apply if you have a higher model or something.

Reallypeople
Explorer

Since I upgraded last night, the bbc iplayer hasn't been working (says service is unavailable at this time). Netflix works fine though, and iplayer was working fine before the update. Anyone else experiencing this?
Reallypeople
Explorer

Also, does Netflix hang on the 'exiting' screen for everyone else too? I've only had this tv a couple of weeks, but the software bugs are rapidly diminishing my initial love of this product. I had to restore the factory settings before it would even begin installing the software update properly.
pennbank

BBC iPlayer working, but have to use Return button to exit netflix.

I really like my KDL42W653A  and think it is a great TV for price paid. Hope it lasts longer then 5years 2 weeks when my other sony died 2 weeks after guarantee period  expired !

Reallypeople
Explorer

Ours is working too now. All is forgiven (except the netflix exiting bit, but that's ey to workaround)