Join now - be part of our community!

Help! Can’t watch Live TV on ITV Hub or BBC Iplayer

profile.country.GB.title
Chloejadem
New

Help! Can’t watch Live TV on ITV Hub or BBC Iplayer

Hi there, 

I am looking for some help - I have purchased  the Sony Bravia KDL40WE663 40” Smart TV, which has ITV hub and BBC Player, however there is no option to watch ‘Live TV’ on any of these apps? It will only allow me to watch catch up programmes. We don’t have Ariel or cable so want to watch Live TV through these apps only.

The TV says the apps are up to date but I want to know if it is possible? A friend has a Samsung TV and is able to watch Live TV via the app. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

44 REPLIES 44
profile.country.GB.title
Patrick20
New

Can’t watch ITV or BBC on my Sony Bravia tv

profile.country.IE.title
Deezell

Have you tried connecting an aerial and tuning in Freeview. This should enable live streaming on ITV hub

profile.country.GB.title
Richarda6504
Explorer

I have the same problem with Sony KD-32W800, a BRAVIA Android TV. Can I cast to it from my Android smartphone using Google Home to get over the problem?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Patrick20 @Richarda6504 

Buy a Roku Express (the 4K one is better than the HD one, if you can run to it), plug it into an HDMI input on the TV, use that. All the broadcaster apps offer Live TV on their apps on the Roku.

Simple, fast, and avoids faffing about with casting, by acting as a permanent upgrade to the TV.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hi, if you can't find the Live TV options in these apps, then most probably, it's not supported.

I suggest that you contact BBC or ITV to make sure.