Join now - be part of our community!

Discover button Youtube search KDL-42W705

FishBanter
Explorer

Discover button Youtube search KDL-42W705

Hi,

I've been using the discover button keyword search to watch weekly youtube podcasts and it's been working well until a few days ago. Now all of my searches return 'no matches found'.

The Youtube app is working and I can add channels to the Discover's YouTube category, it's just the keyword search that's doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I dont have a 2014 TV to help you with this, maybe another forum member who has a 2014 tv could assist?  If not, it might be best if you post your problem on the Googles YouTube forms as this seems to be a function of the app itself. 

Cheers

FishBanter
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll try the YouTube forums but I've got a feeling that they will say 'What's a Discover button? Please contact Sony' and around we go :slight_smile:

Since the actual YouTube app works, my guess is that the latest update to it has changed the way search queries are handled and the discover function on the TV needs updating to reflect this. This kind of thing happens all the time when apps written by two different vendors have to talk to one another. However it's just a guess, I could be way off.

As you suggested, it would be helpful if someone with a 2014 TV could run a discover keyword search and see if they get any matches so I can see if it's a general problem or something specific to my setup.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @FishBanter 

You are quite right - I did not think that through properly :slight_smile:  YouTube will blame Sony etc etc.

What I have done though is... I have reported your problem to Sony Support as an escalation.  Hopefully they can help you resolve this.  Can you please ensure that you have the correct contact details in your profile so someone can contact you back.

Please reply back and update us all if/when you get a fix :slight_smile:

Cheers

FishBanter
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus,

I've checked my contact email and it's correct, no repose as yet but I'll let you all know if I get anything back from them.

Does make me wonder sometimes if all these smart functions are built on shifting sands and we wouldn't be better with a button that can turn it all off and let the TV boot up 20 seconds faster :slight_smile:  

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
ronniecross
Explorer

I'd be quite interested in finding out if there is any info on this. I've just bought an x8505b and can only get recordings to show under the key words part of the discover button. I couldn't find any documentation about what keywords is supposed to show, anywhere but I expected it to show up and cooking episodes, iplayer, youtube, etc.

Also there's an 'introduction' tile that instructs me to add a key word which never dissapears, even though it looks like the sort of thing that would after adding a keyword, like part of a tutorial.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone can answer this through the forums rather than through email, as its always a frustrating dead end when you find a forum topic about something you are looking into, only to find out that it transitioned to a private discussion before any relevant info was mentioned :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
aletiniranjanreddy
New

Same issue with KDL-40W700C (Indian Unit)

When I search for a keyword, it's displaying "No Matches Found "

profile.country.IE.title
jojorda42

Same here Sony AF8 Discovery button is now TV.

no matches found for "Netflix" "Sony" "Youtube" "Sony OLED TV's" etc. just searching for a split second then;

"No matches found"

They state the content bar was redesigned on Android v8 Oreo.

I liked using it on my X850c because you could keep whatever is on-screen open and its wasn't all that different to any other non-Android GUI. Surely they will fix this? €3 grand TV and issues with content search? Not on.