Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP screen won't turn on/sudden death

SOLVED
Nijuuni
Visitor

Xperia SP screen won't turn on/sudden death

Hello, Earlier today, as I went to unlock my Xperia SP, I realised that the screen would not turn on, no matter how many times I pressed the unlock button. I also tried plugging it in to charge to see if the screen would light up then, but the neither the screen or the LED light turned on. It's seems like it's completely dead! I don't really know how to tell if the phone itself is still on, however. It was at about 50% battery. I've had this phone for a little over a year now.

Could you help me resolve this problem? This phone is really important to me!

Thanks! Slightly_smiling_Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

Hold volume up and power at the same time untill you feel 3 vibrations or open the back cover and at the bottom using a pin or something press the button marked OFF then try to start your device

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Thommo
Genius

Hold volume up and power at the same time untill you feel 3 vibrations or open the back cover and at the bottom using a pin or something press the button marked OFF then try to start your device

Nijuuni
Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried both, and nothing seems to have happened. Slightly_frowning_Face No vibrations at all! And if something was supposed to happen when I pressed the button marked OFF, then it didn't either. And it's still not turning on!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

In this case,if you have already tried this button,you should stop by a sony service.

alexdon
Nijuuni
Visitor

Thanks both of you! This morning my phone suddenly started working again. I guess we'll never know what happened to it, but I'm glad everything's back to normal. Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.en_GB.title
Owenss

I have had simular things with the screen not coming on. With mine it has restarted quite quickly. even sent it to the repair centre twice with no luck.

lyllola
Visitor

I had same, completely dead phone, this post helped me as the restart button worked. But does anyone know why it went dead? I dont want to do whatever I did again...the last things I did before death were 1. connect to home wi-fi (need to do that) 2. Connect to my work calendar (need to do that).

Also can someone PLEASE tell EE staff that theres a restart button? i was about to lose my phone for a month to their repair centre.

ably
Visitor

Hello,

i have attempted this and did get the vibrations, so was hopeful only to see a single white line from the top to the bottome of the screen slightly in from the left handside and this eventually fades and nothing shows. at times it will make a tone whaen I press the screen but i cannot open the screen up. I have tried to update thropugh pc companion only to be told the screen is locked, so my question is there a way around the screen unlock so I can try the update - I guess not but wanted to ask the more intelligent of you to see if you know anything to help ?

Thanks

rey33
Visitor

Me too!! What to do now? I tried all suggestion but it still dead!

I guess I have to send it to service center soon Slightly_frowning_Face

qwwq
Visitor

open the back cover,  press the button 'off' and keep it for 5 seconds while your device is plugged in.