Join now - be part of our community!

Network Unlock 0 tries left

Gunworm
Visitor

Network Unlock 0 tries left

Hi there,

I have a network locked (Drei  Austria) xperia V. As I switched to another network provider (Telering Austria) I wanted to unlock the phone. Stupid enough I tried the new PIN and PUK as unlock codes (I found out later that I wasted my 5 tries by doing that). I purchased an unlock key for 40 Euros but I can not use it because I have no tries left.

Is it possible to reset the counter somehow or enter the unlock code direclty using ADB & Fastboot commands?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

If the counter shows 0,as far as I know there is nothing you can do.

alexdon
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I agree with Alexdon, you won't be able to unlock it 

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi Gunworm,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You will need to get the device to a service agent to have this reset. Please contact Sony Xperia Care within your region.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Gunworm
Visitor

Got on touch with Sony Care and received a solution a few hours later.

Insert old/original SIm card and enter the following in the dialer

*#7465625*99*NCK#

NCK needs to be replaced with the unlock key from the network provider.

Unfortunatly this solution did NOT work for me (invalid MMI entered). Maybe because the original phone number/SIM is no longer active. An other active SIM card from the same provider didn't work either.

I contacted sony care again and wait for an anwer.

Anyway Sony support is great and fast!

ERICCORK
Visitor

Did you ever resolve this with Sony?

Amir25
Visitor

there's a service to unlocked Sony Xperia without entering unlocking code, We(business) use that if a cusomter comes with this problem. it cost slilghtly more to unlock but it is possible. 

if need further help

Jack68
Visitor

it does not work with original card either. Same problem and can't be done unless I send phone to Sony for a repair but  they can't tell how much it would cost.

robone471
Visitor

Hi. I have the same problem. Why can't Sony give me the cost of this. I have to send the phone to Sony. Then they will tell me the cost. If it's to expensive then I have to pay £25 just to get the phone back. 😡 

ljamal74
Visitor

il faut un logitiel qui s'appel qunlock tool mais avec un credit qui cout 25 euro pour un telephone

you need a software called qunlocktool but with a credit that costs 25 euro for a phone

gt