Join now - be part of our community!

HERES HOW TO FIX ( WONT TURN ON, CHARGE, STUCK ON LOOP ) follow exact without missing bits

sroger
Visitor

HERES HOW TO FIX ( WONT TURN ON, CHARGE, STUCK ON LOOP ) follow exact without missing bits

Ok I had no phone for days as it updated and then would not switch on at all or charge.

After reading suggestions like hold the – volume and power button etc DON’T WORK

I had a loop of SONY, XPERIA, COLOUR FLAGS ACROSS SCREEN then this continued and my phone got so hot…….. follow these steps exact!  

1 you need full charge to do this inside back cover the small reset button…press with pen until 3 vibrates, DO NOT TURN ON but put on charge (red) then (orange) keep charging until its (green)

Do not try before as you will have to do this like I did 4 times.

When green unplug usb from phone and charger and continue to a pc/laptop now enter this link

Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

accept prompt (yes) ( I agree)

You will get a sony screen ( black and blue) then you will have a (grey) screen

Tick a small box (accept licence)  then select you model ( ie SP)

Now follow instructions exact ( plug usb into pc HOLD the – volume key whilst pushing in the other end to phone) you will hear a beep and it will say release – volume key

NOW LEAVE ALONE UNTILL FINISHED it does take a long time so don’t unplug.

When finished it will tell you to leave plugged in for a few mins and then a prompt to unplug

And turn on………………..After my doubts I got the SONY, XPERIA and then the flag for more than I had in the loop. But it just turned on but your charge will be used from the update so quick put on charge.

I was about to give up but i just did this about 40 mins ago with my phone now on charging and lots of txts just came through ..............Hope this helps so many

14 REPLIES 14
sroger
Visitor

Please like if this worked for you too as im no expert with pc's phones etc but i just spent 2 days reading and trying things. The first thing i sussed was how to charge the phone when it just will not turn orange to show charging...and the rest just happened so would love to know how many this workef for Slightly_smiling_Face

villagefolk
Visitor

Hi,

I have read your directions and tried to fix my Xperia SP, but in the first step itself when i press the OFR button it doesn't vibrate so how do i even know if the reset has happened?

If i leave the phone on charge for 2 days without disconnecting it then it shows me a red light but nothing comes of it

Please help as this phone is only 6 months old and i am at a real loss!!!

Thank you

sroger
Visitor

Hi yes the button inside the back ( yellow tiny button just under the battery) sometimes takes a few attempts

Sometimes it does it quick other times 5-6 attempts.

Whilst the phone is screen side down in your other hand . Use a normal biro pen tip ( kids DS pen is ideal )

Press and Hold the button in until you feel 3 vibrations - you will feel it in your hand strong and then release the button

If you dont feel it vibrate after holding it in for 1 min just try again. Soon as it vibrates you will see the phone is off.

DONT press the side on button at all. Now put the back cover on and insert charger it will flash red and it may take 5=10 mins to turn orange and maybe hour to turn green

After you see the phone is green follow my other steps but still DONT TURN ON  your phone as you will have to repeat this first stage Slightly_frowning_Face i totally understand my Dad got this phone for me for this xmas so mine was 1 week old. im glad i had little stored in phone. ( please note i did lose music from phone storage etc but all sim numbers still stayed on sim. But i had no memory card inserted so if you have one take it out)

Hope this helps.......Sadie Slightly_smiling_Face     

ad121
Visitor

My Sony is only turning off when yu unplugged it
Chris_13
Visitor

why the update service setup cant run to my pc??? pls answer thanks

azzy191
Visitor

wheres my button on sony xperia xa mine was stuck on loop now wont turn on 

Tshego
Visitor

Hi, 

i pressed the off button located next to my sd card slot for 2 min. my phone was off and when i plugged the charger it was still stuck in a loop. the sony screen screen that goes on just before the charging icon goes on. the red light flashes 3 times and then it goes into a loop. I looked under the battery as advised theres no reset button. 

please advise what should i do now that its been doing this for a while now. 

chromantis
Visitor

hi all i did was take back off disconnect battery and all the 3 ribbons plugged usb cable in and held power and + Volume and green light came back on then reconnected battery and 3 ribbons removing usb cable first and phones back on hope this helps 

chromantis

Alias790
Visitor

for me also the same thing happening.my phone didnt turn from red light to orange, i put charge over a full night .and finally what to do now?