Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with HT-SF200 and KD-55XF7596

profile.country.DE.title
toldor078
Explorer

Problems with HT-SF200 and KD-55XF7596

Hello guys,

I bought the soundbar in December last year.  The TV is still running on Android 7.0 and the soundbar has firmware 1.12. So far it was working fine. But since 2 weeks I have a strange problem. I have the soundbar connected to HDMI 3 and using ARC with a compatible high speed cable. Before all was good and when I started the TV the soundbar powered on and the sound was working fine through the soundbar. Now, the soundbar is powered on but there is no sound at all. The TV recognize the soundbar in the settings and I can start and stop the soundbar, but once it is turned on, there is no sound. When I reset the soundbar (power and volume down button), the soundbar is working. Means the sound is on. When I turn off the TV and turn it on again, there is no sound from the soundbar anymore. What could be the problem here?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi, have you tried to confirm again the audio output in the TV settings? ("Audio system" should be selected, try changing it and then changing it again).

Also, try disconnecting the HDMI cable and connecting it again, but to check the audio If you have one try connecting the Soundbar via Optical Cable of you has one.

First of all, I would still try to restart Android TV by pressing and holding down the Power button on the remote control.

Then there would be a reset to the TV factory settings...

Manolo

profile.country.DE.title
toldor078
Explorer

Hello,

yes i tried practically everything already. I tried the TV audio settings already. But as soon as I use "audio system" the soundbar gives no sound. Turning of the soundbar, the sound from TV is running fine. Furthermore I tried restarting everything and reconnecting the cable. Always the same thing. First time the soundbar is working, even through the "Audio system" settings. Once the TV is in standby and I turn it on again, there will be no sound from the soundbar.

Thats why I wouldn't give the optical cable a try, because I know the sound is working through the HDMI ARC and the soundbar.

Factory reset of the soundbar or the TV?

I did it on the soundbar several times, but pressing power and volume down button for some time waiting for the leds to flash. After that, like explained above, all is working until I turn off the TV and turn it on again.

profile.country.DE.title
toldor078
Explorer

Hi, just to give a feedback. I had a call with the Sony Support. There I had the same procedure to do the procedure with resetting the TV and soundbar. To reset the TV i should disconnect all the cables, which I did. After reset and connecting the soundbar again, it worked. It worked even I tried to turn off and on the TV several times. So far so good, but after I connected all the cables again, I had the same problem as before. So far I either nailed it down to some HDMI cables which might be faulty now or maybe it is a HDMI-switch I have connected to the TV, too. I hadn't had the time yet to check it, but might be this one is defect.