Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N7200W - failed after firmware update

profile.country.GB.title
bax001
New

BDV-N7200W - failed after firmware update

Hello,

I did a firmware update in N7200W and it has failed. When I switch on I have a message that is updatning and after around 30 seconds that it couldn't update and to connect to internet or use USB and press OK. The problem is that it doesn't accept command from remote, so I can't confirm update from network or USB.I've tried with 2 original remotes and 2 different universal remotes and nothing. What should I do now?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi bax001,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you let me know which method you used to perform the firmware update?

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
bax001
New

Hi,

It was a network update when it failed. Now I can't do either network or USB, because I can't press OK to start flashing procedure (remote doesn't work)

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

It might be best to get in touch with the support team for further help with this here.

Let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

bdrsony
New

I have also had this issue. Neither internet nor USB worked. I took it to the local SOny retailer who tried unsuccessfully and told me it is a problem with the update. Sony UK are trying to disown the problem. The player was perfectly fine until this mandatory update.  Just how widespread is this issue?

profile.country.GB.title
Exir007
Explorer

i have same pppand sony dont care about it and i never ever will buy any sony Product cause of their [edited by moderator to remove asterisked profanity] supports