Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia E1 D2005 won't turn on and charge but...

raven89
Visitor

Sony Xperia E1 D2005 won't turn on and charge but...

my phone won't turn on and won't charge but.... i have notice when i plug it on a wall charger there is a green notification light flashing/blinking (5 to 10 times blinking). also my phone cannot be detected on my desktop or laptop. what should i do?

12 REPLIES 12
Jonas
Master

Hi @raven89, sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly_frowning_Face

Have you tried to remove and reinsert the battery in your phone? If you have an SD card in your phone, try removing this and see if you are able to power on / charge your phone.

You can also make sure to charge the phone for at least 3-4 hours using the original charger that was included together with your phone using a wall socket or if you one of your friends, family members or colleagues also have an Xperia device you can ask them if you can borrow their charger.

If you still can't power on or charge your phone, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. Do note that this will delete any data stored on the internal storage of your phone and since it can't be powered on and unlocked, creating a backup is not possible.

Let me know how it went!

raven89
Visitor

i already try to  insert new battery but still the same. i already did what you said. but when i trying the pc companion. it doesn't detecting my phone. only blinking/flashing green notification light only i see in my phone, what is the meaning of blinking/flashing green notification light? thank you in reponse on my question,

Jonas
Master

Hi again!

If you are using PC Companion I suggest that you try with Xperia Companion instead since PC Companion is longer supported.

Make sure that your phone is powered off and not connected to your computer when you start with the software repair.

The green lights mean that the the battery charge level is greater than 90%, however this should not be flashing/blinking, it should be a constant light when the phone is charging.

Let me know how it works after the software repair has been completed!

raven89
Visitor

when i'm charging my phone still it was flashing/blinking green led light notification. i tried to connect it in xperia companion by pressing volume down ( and also i try volume up) but still it don't detect my phone only flashing/blinking led light what i see and i cannot proceed to the next step. but i try experimenting with button(power button and volume up and down button.) when i plug my phone pressing power button and volume down before it vibrate, a bright green notification light show up and then it flash again a low green notification light. next i try to plug press volume up and power button before it vibrate then a blue notification show up and green notification light flashes again. i hope it will tells something on my phone. i like this phone very much. and thank you in reponse on my reply.

Jonas
Master

Thanks for the update!

Make sure that the phone is powered off when you start with the repair, the phone should not be powered on at any point during the software repair.

If you should experience the same behaviour when the phone is powered off, try using another USB port and/or USB cable and see if the software repair proceeds to the next step.

Keep me posted!

Sony_xperia2
Visitor

I have the exact same problem expect I have a red light that flashes. Also I have charged the phone for almost 24hrs but still it doesn't connect to Xperia companion. When I connect the device it comes up as unrecognised. I don't know what to do now I can't even continue the recovery because the device is undetected. Is there any way of fixing this phone?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Sony_xperia2, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Have you tried performing the software with the phone powered off and not connected to the computer at the start of the repair? You will then get some instructions on how to connect the device to your computer later on during the repair.

If you still can't perform the software repair, please get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further.

Keep me posted!

Sony_xperia2
Visitor

Well it turns out I need to send the device to a repair centre.:smileysad:

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Sony_xperia2, sorry to hear that! Slightly_frowning_Face

I hope everything works out for you and feel free to keep me posted on how it went!