Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot login after a hard reset, please help

SOLVED
JPN
Visitor

Cannot login after a hard reset, please help

The E5 suddenly started blink white'Sony' screen and nothing worked. Even Power-VolUp soft reset didn't change the situation. I reflashed the phone with Companion (didn't allow the back-upping)and the same phenomenon stayed but after like 15 min the phone started by itself in 'Safe mode'

I restarted and the normal set-up prosedure started BUT it keeps nagging to log in with: previously synced on this device

The thing is that the phone has been bough brand new and used only with one account.

'Need help finding your account' with email, first&last name claims 'There's no Googl Account with the information you provided' Though I can see the info via web and the most odd think is that the Google web accound notice that with this particular device the login has been made.

How to by pass this, please. Obviouslty the phone has the latest FW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @JPN,

It sounds like your device is locked by Google Device Protection or GDP.

There are only two requirements you have to fulfil before you can use your device again:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet. You can scan and connect to a Wi-Fi network from the Google Device Protection lock screen.
  2. Make sure to enter the correct credentials of a Google account previously stored on the device. You can check if your credentials are correct by logging in to your Google account on another device.

In case you have forgotten your Google password or if you do not know the exact Gmail address anymore, you can use the Google Account Recovery provided by Google for these cases: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

There are two important things you should know when using Google Account Recovery:

• You will be required to enter some personal information and/or information about your Google account in order to successfully recover your Google account. This is especially important if you did not provide a backup contact method (e.g. another e-mail address) when signing up for the Google account. If you fail to provide enough details, you might not be able to recover your Google account.
  • If you do have to change your Google password during the recovery process, a 24-hour lockout period will be triggered. During this period you will not be able to verify your identity using this Google account.

There is no way to circumvent the protection provided by Google Device Protection. So there is nothing you can do if you do not know your Google credentials and you are not able to recover them using the Google Account Recovery service. The only option you have is sending in the device to an authorized Sony Mobile repair service. You will need to provide the proof of purchase for the device to verify the legal ownership of the device.

If you get in contact with your Local support team they can assist you with having your device sent in to an authorized service center.

Let me know how it works out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @JPN,

It sounds like your device is locked by Google Device Protection or GDP.

There are only two requirements you have to fulfil before you can use your device again:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet. You can scan and connect to a Wi-Fi network from the Google Device Protection lock screen.
  2. Make sure to enter the correct credentials of a Google account previously stored on the device. You can check if your credentials are correct by logging in to your Google account on another device.

In case you have forgotten your Google password or if you do not know the exact Gmail address anymore, you can use the Google Account Recovery provided by Google for these cases: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

There are two important things you should know when using Google Account Recovery:

• You will be required to enter some personal information and/or information about your Google account in order to successfully recover your Google account. This is especially important if you did not provide a backup contact method (e.g. another e-mail address) when signing up for the Google account. If you fail to provide enough details, you might not be able to recover your Google account.
  • If you do have to change your Google password during the recovery process, a 24-hour lockout period will be triggered. During this period you will not be able to verify your identity using this Google account.

There is no way to circumvent the protection provided by Google Device Protection. So there is nothing you can do if you do not know your Google credentials and you are not able to recover them using the Google Account Recovery service. The only option you have is sending in the device to an authorized Sony Mobile repair service. You will need to provide the proof of purchase for the device to verify the legal ownership of the device.

If you get in contact with your Local support team they can assist you with having your device sent in to an authorized service center.

Let me know how it works out.

JPN
Visitor

> Google Device Protection or GDP

Yes, the odd thing was the unit asked 1st to change PW and I did. After that GDP, couldn't figure out what's that.  It even offers the recovery password, after that the new 24h period starts?

This is very badly designed set-up! Even the unit's login ins  are visible via google account but the phone itself doens't allow to pass GDP :- (

_Definitelly_ the unit should be able to release either via Google or MyXperia accont!

Rihana
Visitor

i cant get back on my phone. dont buy from sony such a bad system. i log in as owner gmail and it sends me back to log in with owners email. ffs.