Join now - be part of our community!

xavc s to BD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
PodgePapin

xavc s to BD

I have a HX90V camera which shoots HX90V at 50mbps, 50p and i've tried to burn it to a BD using Sony Vegas mode Burn to Disc but it doesn't look right when its playing. It has a ghosting effect when its playing.

I've also tried to change the format but that doesn't work either, and i can't find any guides to deal with the file format. Where would be best to start?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
PodgePapin

I've got it sorted after some testing.

Firstly, when using the the PlayMemories Home software issue where i could not get the camera to authenticate, i swapped cables and had to use a usb2 socket on my pc, it would not work properly when plugged into a usb3 socket. It then would authenticate my files to be able to burn them.

Secondly, the original problem i had with the videos having a ghosting like effect when burnt to a BD has now gone when using the PlayMemories Home software to burn to disc. I've done a couple of tester discs and so far they seem to play great. It haf to convert them before burning which took some time but when i got home the disc plays well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@PodgePapin

Hi,

I think this is a great question as I have spent some time puzzling over XAVC S to Blu-ray disc also. I have read in the user guide for the 4K AX33 camcorder that images in the MP4 or XAVC S format can not be saved to BD - so, does this mean images like photographs, does this extend to video footage, or both ? I then wonder if the guide was written prior to the PlayMemories Home update last year which now allows XAVC S to be written to disc.

It is encouraging that you have at least been able to burn this format to BD, it may be something else that is causing the ghosting ? I realise that Sony Vegas is a premium software and can do much, I will be hoping (as I don't have the camera yet) that I can write using the free PlayMemories Home software without issue. I would like to know how you get on and hope that this gets solved.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.GB.title
PodgePapin

Hello, i've tried to use PlayMemories Home software again and I remember why I didn'y use it before, everything goes great to a point but as soon as i go from Create Disc and the next steps of adding the clips, on the next screen it asks me to plug in the camera used to record them as they need authentication. I have pluged it in then restarted the program like it asks but it keeps popping up and I can't get any further.

If someone knows how to sort this out i will post a reply to say if my first problem is fixed.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
PodgePapin

I've got it sorted after some testing.

Firstly, when using the the PlayMemories Home software issue where i could not get the camera to authenticate, i swapped cables and had to use a usb2 socket on my pc, it would not work properly when plugged into a usb3 socket. It then would authenticate my files to be able to burn them.

Secondly, the original problem i had with the videos having a ghosting like effect when burnt to a BD has now gone when using the PlayMemories Home software to burn to disc. I've done a couple of tester discs and so far they seem to play great. It haf to convert them before burning which took some time but when i got home the disc plays well.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Brilliant !

You have now proved that XAVC S to BD works - I shall remember not to use my USB 3 sockets then !

Regards and thanks for the information 

If it ain't broke don't fix it