Join now - be part of our community!

What I miss on HX9V

profile.country.sv_SE.title
akcebeR
Visitor

What I miss on HX9V

I miss a small LCD screen on the front of HX9V that can be found on some of Samsumgs models (such as ST700).

I don't know if it's just me, but it makes it easier when I take self-portraits and shoot others if they at the same time can see how they look. Vari-angle LCD screen also makes it easier to take self-portraits, but not when I photograph a child or a person who is impatient or uncomfortable in front of the camera. With dual LCD screens, a large on the back and a small on the front, I can do both.

Other things I want to see on the next model in addition to improved image quality are:

• No digital zoom - why use the digital zoom that degrades image quality when there is optical zoom of 16x?
  • Deliver software and manual on USB stick (no CD disc as now) on the grounds that many only have a laptop that doesn't always have a CD player (such as MacBook Air and Chromebook).

I hope that Sony sees this and include it on the next model.

Otherwise, I think it is a versatile camera. Records as a video camera and shoot well (in any case better than video cameras in the same or higher price range). Sony must work on achieving the same image quality as Canon PowerShot SX230 HS. I haven't seen anyone compare them, but Canon PowerShot SX230 HS is top rated regarding image quality. Sony's video feature is however better than all its competitors.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi akcebeR, welcome to the Sony Forums.

Good to hear you're enjoying your HX9V and always interesting to read wish-lists for future updates.

I always scratched my head at digital zooms until we went whale-spotting. It wasn't a hugely successful trip as the one whale we saw break the surface was quite a distance away. I just used my binoculars but my wife had her digital zoom engaged and managed to get a passable full-frame shot of the tail as it re-entered the sea. Never going to win any awards but it's still the one pic she regards as the best she ever took - largely (I suspect) because I missed it :wink:

Just an FYI: you can always get a downloadable PDF version of your user manual, plus a complete set of software etc (same as the CD) from the Sony Support pages. The HX9V page is here.

Cheers

Mick