Join now - be part of our community!

Updated PMB not working with FB

profile.country.en_GB.title
Sjeh12
Visitor

Updated PMB not working with FB

How frustrating it is to try to upload something straight from the camera. PMB, even uploaded, displays script error messages when trying to log into facebook to upload photo/video. Should I just forget PMB and upload the only from downloaded photos on computer?

Also, the screen shots did not match but does that mean the upload is newer than the directions or vice versa? Shouldn't the update auto replace the older version?

Second question:  how do I covert the raw video from the camera (all 4 seconds of it) so that I can open it with HP QuickPlan, Apple QuickTime or good old Windows Media Center?

Message was edited by: Sjeh12

Ok, so I learned that I should have first changed the video settings to mp4. Lovely. I'm sure I am steadily moving up in the too stupid to own technology rankings, but hope reigns supreme.

Now, I wish I could retake the first video, but I can't. Online search has led to more frustration learning there are millions of converters for download, just none that convert Sony's proprietary file bnp format to any of the hundreds of universally recognized file formats. How remarkable that Sony would create a file format that is so limited, so unique, so worthless, it's own PMB program does not recognize files in that format. Brilliant!

If anyone can direct me to a bnp file coverter for under 50 quid, I'll be ever so grateful.

Message was edited by: Sjeh12

Update:

2 REPLIES 2
gugabackhand
Visitor

"Second question:  how do I covert the raw video from the camera (all 4 seconds of it) so that I can open it with HP QuickPlan, Apple QuickTime or good old Windows Media Center?"

You need to convert the file to an MP4 format. Good luck. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Mick2011
New

Hi Sjeh, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Can you tell me the model number of the camera you're using?

It's sometimes possible to upload to FB etc direct form the camera, but it's often easiest to upload to a PC first. In principle, you should be able to connect the camera, import with PMB, and export from PMB to FB without any trouble.

There is no Sony 'bnp' file format, so I'm a little unsure how to help with your problem :thinking:

A number of 'incidental' files accompany each capture the camera makes and it can be confusing if you attempt to deal with them individually.

Basically, importing to PMB (and a good many other image browsers) puts those files in the right place and creates an exportable file as soon as the upload is complete.

Let me know the model number and we can troubleshoot it from there. Also might help to check out this Sony Knowlege Base page on how to transfer to PC using PMB.

Cheers

Mick