Join now - be part of our community!

Sony DSC-HX9V every photo with flash is pink

profile.country.en_GB.title
plurbs
Visitor

Sony DSC-HX9V every photo with flash is pink

Just got this camera from currys today, last one in stock.

Everytime I take a photo  with flash on it creates a pink picture, particularly bad in the evening or in the dark.  No matter which setting I select.

Suggestions for a fix? I am suspecting there is something wrong with the camera, hope not though, I think I will struggle to get a replacement with this product seemingly being discontinued.

Message was edited by: plurbs

10 REPLIES 10
gugabackhand
Visitor

I haven't heard about this issue before but try to play arround with "effects" there should be a setting here to take it off. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.de_DE.title
Jules74
Visitor

Hi plurbs,

this is odd indeed!

I would suggest to "Initialize" the camera and then set it to P mode. Take 2 photos of the same scene, one with flash and the other one without flash. Is the one with flash still pink, please try to upload both images here.

Fingers crossed!

Jules

plurbs
Visitor

Thanks for the prompt replies,

gugabackhand - I feel like I have tried almost all settings, hope there is one somewhere though causing it, Only got the camera yesterday and it has done this form the start.

Done as you have asked Jules74, turned the camera on and set it to P mode.  I took two photos in low light conditions (curtains closed in bedroom).  I have attached the photos, first one without flash, second with autoflash.

plurbs
Visitor

Just went into settings and reset to manufacture defaults.

Still making pink pictures...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi plurbs.

The only thing I can think of that may cause this problem is that the White Balance is set to something other than 'Automatic'.  For example, if the White Balance is set to Cloudy or Daylight it may warm up the image a tad.  This is not needed with Flash.

Check in Menu -> Shooting -> White Balance and make sure it is set to 'Automatic'.  Also check there is nothing odd in the White Balance Shift.  What is the value given?

Just looked at your pictures.  I doubt if this will fix it and it is beginning to look like a camera fault and, as your camera is new, you should speak to the seller.

:thinking:

plurbs
Visitor

Located all those settings, they where already set as described.

Still no luck.

Shame.  Looks like I am all out of options.  Such a shame, was a brilliant deal £180 from currys.  Seems to be total bad luck, the seal on the box was not broken, definately was brand new and last one in stock in all currys stored nearby.

I reckon I will either have the option to go through a lengthy repair procedure, return for full refund, or swap for camera of equal value which I know will be dissapointing as I have paid well below what the camera is worth.:smileysad:

Nice to own such a good camera for a bit, brilliant day snaps.  Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...

Thanks for the suggestions guys:smileyhappy:. Will return it tomorrow.

plurbs
Visitor

Hum, dunno what I am going to do with the screen cover, spare battery and case that I ordered online...

Mick2011
New

I think Jessops have them in stock for £220...

profile.country.de_DE.title
Jules74
Visitor

Hi plurbs

I looked at your photos and all settings seem to be fine. White balance is set to auto and no weird effects on.... I am sorry to say that, but it looks like you need to get it replaced or fixed. There is nothing you can do by changing the settings :slight_frown:

If you cannot get a replacement from your dealer, you should contact Sony about the repair procedure. It is a great camera and maybe the repair centre has fix it quickly.

Fingers crossed!

Jules