Join now - be part of our community!

SONY DSC-HX100v and PMB

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gogrrrl
New

SONY DSC-HX100v and PMB

How can I delete photos from the memory card using PMB - the only options seem to be save to my computer, or upload to the internet, when what I want to do is delete them...why am I stuck with PMB anyway??!! On my previous SONY cybershop with 15Xzoom I used to be able to open the card and select shots, delete, move, copy etc etc but PMB is a nightmare...is it possible NOT to use it, and if so, how? I really wish I had not bought this camera - the guide is in-camera whioch is totally useless - I want something I can READ - and I am stuck with PMB which is even more useless. HELP!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi gogrrrl :slight_smile:

This HTML version is probably the one referred to on another site:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCHX100V_guide/eng/index.html

You can view and print right within your browser just like any webpage.

Hope that helps

Mick

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can download an Instruction Manual from the Support Section for your camera here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DSC-HX100V

You can delete images in the camera either individually by pressing the Delete button (Page 21) or by Formatting the memory card using the Memory Card Tool in the Setup Menu (Page 26).

Someone may be able to show you a way in PMB - I don't use it!

You don't have to use PMB - you can use Windows Explorer, or buy your preferred editing software.

:thinking:

gogrrrl
New

Thanks - I finally managed to open it using windows explorer...BUT the instruction manual you provided the link for is not the USER GUIDE - that instruction manual is provided with the camera, and I have it. The user guide is an in-camera one, which is no use to me - it is really hard to manoeuvre around, and you can't figure out how to do anything because you can't try things while you are reading it in-camera. I need something on paper, that I can look at while I try it out on the camera eg this model has changed from the earlier model, and I can't find out where or how to change the ISO setting and F stops eg - in my old camera you used the wheel and pushed the button to set it, then used the sides to move across from ISO to F-stop, did the same etc. I can't find how to set the ISO, let alone move from it to anything else.....and I can't even find the instructions in the REALLY BAD in-camera user guide.

What would be helpful is if someone could actually send me a link to an online USER GUIDE that actually exists!! Someoene else said in another forum that there is one on the SONY site, that has no page numbers and is printable only one page at a time - but I have not been able to find it, and they did not provide a link. What would be even better would be if SONY didn't do it on the cheap, especially for such a pricey camera, and provided a bloody user guide with the camera, like everyone else does! But thanks for what help you have provided....

Mick2011
New

Hi gogrrrl :slight_smile:

This HTML version is probably the one referred to on another site:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DSCHX100V_guide/eng/index.html

You can view and print right within your browser just like any webpage.

Hope that helps

Mick

gogrrrl
New

Thanks - finally someone came up with it - even the SONY UK technical support didn't give this link!!!You are WAY the best!!!!:smileyhappy:

Mick2011
New

Thanks! :smileyblush: always glad to help...

Mick