Join now - be part of our community!

My Mac (OS10.6) cannot see Movies from a DSC-HX7V?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Greyvote
Visitor

My Mac (OS10.6) cannot see Movies from a DSC-HX7V?

My Mac (OS10.6) cannot see Movies from a DSC-HX7V I have no idea why, however our laptop can, any advice please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hmm... you shouldn't be seeing any files or folders at all.

Have a look at this tutorial page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/videotransfer

(scroll down about a third of the way to the section named Hard Disk Drive camcorders)

If that's the method you've been trying and you're still not seeing clips, let me know at which point the folders appear and I'll try to work it out from there.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mick2011
New

Hi Greyvote, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The Mac won't recognise your videos in their native format, but if you connect the camera and launch iMovie, it should detect your camera and allow you to view and edit your footage.

Let me know how you get on :wink:

Cheers

Mick

Greyvote
Visitor

Hi Mick

The problem is that although I have opened the camera through imovie, no files are reconizable, all are Unix Executable files:

.CPI files in Clipinf folder

.MPL files in Playlist folder

.MTS files in Stream folder

I believe the movies are in the stream folder however Quicktime  nor imovie and neither WMV reconizes the format. Any assitance would be greatful :neutral:

Greyvote

Mick2011
New

Hmm... you shouldn't be seeing any files or folders at all.

Have a look at this tutorial page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/videotransfer

(scroll down about a third of the way to the section named Hard Disk Drive camcorders)

If that's the method you've been trying and you're still not seeing clips, let me know at which point the folders appear and I'll try to work it out from there.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

I would recommend to upgrade to iMovie 11 (as part of ilife11).  Choosing "import from camera" you shouold be able to import and convert (to MOV format) the MTS files from cybershot.

Dommo7
Visitor

Hi guys, I am having problems with this again too. I have the HX9 and had previously posted on the forum regarding this. I changed the LUN settings to single, and all worked fine. But I am trying to upload another movie, and iMovie seems to not even recognise the camera. I am baffled how this could work previously and not now??

When I open iMovie with the camera connected and on, and click import from camera, it brings up the iSight, and no option for the camera at all.

Also, doesnt seem to be able to get movies from iMovie to disk, been trying the regular way by going to Share.. But doesnt give me the option to use iDVD.. Stuck!

Desperate to get them off the camera!

Message was edited by: Dommo7

Message was edited by: Dommo7

Mick2011
New

Hi Dommo7 :slight_smile:

You should only need to switch the connected camera on to activate the small camera icon in iMovie; no need to use the import menu. If it only activates the iSight cam, and the camera used to connect perfectly well with the ssame computer/OS, I'd try a different cable.

Have you tried removing the SD card and using a USB card reader instead? A number of connection woes are often overcome this way.

Cheers

Mick