Join now - be part of our community!

hx100V; how do i manually select macro? (topic not in manual ! )

profile.country.nl_NL.title
RobbBor
Visitor

There is no search option in the hx100V webdocument-manual on supplied cd-rom, nor can i find it in the link-jungle.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.pl_PL.title
qstaa-----
Visitor

You don't have to do it manually. Camera just knows when macro should be applied so there is no such option.

Cheers :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It has always been a mystery to me exactly what 'Macro Mode' does in a fixed lens camera.

It cannot make the camera focus any closer because the lens's close focusing distance cannot change, so it must simply change metering and autofocus modes - I don't see what else it can do.  These, of course, don't apply in manual mode.

Anyone know differently?

:thinking:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
RobbBor
Visitor

Well, sometimes (not always, mostly not) when i move the lens (in auto mode) real close to a flower the picture is totally blurred.

I used to have Coolpix S4 camera with macro options, so I thought a macro option could  make the difference.

profile.country.ro_RO.title
ionut.orascu
Visitor

My response come a little bit later for initial question, but it could be useful for other users>

From my experience with HX100V, in one of the easy modes (automatic) the macro it will be recognized imediatly. Helpful for this is that the focal length to be minimum (zoom 0).

In other modes (apperture, shutter or manual) is better to keep zoom on 0.

Good luck!

profile.country.en_GB.title
pmalik1986
Visitor

Click on below link, it willl resolve alll your problems related to macro feature in HX-100V.

URL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dQHpYcAJLs

Enjoy!!! :slight_smile: