Join now - be part of our community!

HX100V: clicking when autofocusing

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Surebrec
Visitor

HX100V: clicking when autofocusing

I've had my sony HX100V camera for a while now, and up until today, I have had no issues with it.

however, upon taking it out of the box today to take some pictures, I have noticed there is an annoying double-clicking sound every time the camera autofocuses. the clicking sound happens whether the autofocus is triggered automatically, or by pressing the shoot button half way down.

this has only been happening since today, and I can't find the reason why.

anyone know why it is making this irritating clicking sound?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Surebrec :slight_smile:

A clicking sound may be indicating a physical problem within the camera - especially if this is something that hasn't been happening up until now. You said that you have had it for a while but if it is under a year this may be something that is covered by the warranty. You could try resetting the camera to its factory settings to see if this rectifies the issue - but this usually will not rectify a physical problem.

Warranty or otherwise, you can contact Sony Customer Services to see if it is a physical fault that is relatively straightforward to repair. There is a thread in the forums with all of the information:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Surebrec :slight_smile:

A clicking sound may be indicating a physical problem within the camera - especially if this is something that hasn't been happening up until now. You said that you have had it for a while but if it is under a year this may be something that is covered by the warranty. You could try resetting the camera to its factory settings to see if this rectifies the issue - but this usually will not rectify a physical problem.

Warranty or otherwise, you can contact Sony Customer Services to see if it is a physical fault that is relatively straightforward to repair. There is a thread in the forums with all of the information:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon