Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-W530 auto orientation sensor ?

profile.country.fr_FR.title
stelian42
Visitor

DSC-W530 auto orientation sensor ?

Hi,

Does the DSC-W530 have an orientation sensor ? No matter how I take the pictures, the Exif AutoOrientation tag doesn't seem to be updated.

Or maybe I'm missing something in the settings which needs to be turned on ?

Note that I don't use the Sony provided software, I eject the SD card and import the pictures on my computer directly from the SD card (I found this more convenient since my computer has an internal SD reader, and it runs Linux).

Thanks,

Stelian.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi stellan42, welcome to the Sony Forums

Maybe someone can correct me, but I can't see that facility on the spec sheet and I suspect the camera doesn't tag images for image orientation.

Unfortunately that's the very EXIF data that image editing software needs to auto-rotate, so it's not down to your choice of uploading method.

Sorry I can't be of any further help :thinking:

Mick

profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

As far as I am aware, orientation EXIF information is optional. When viewing photos, do you have any issues with orientation on a PC or when viewing on additional devices such as photo frames.

If possible, you could provide an example photo with EXIF info intact?              

profile.country.fr_FR.title
stelian42
Visitor

I can provide such examples tonight. From what I've seen, EXIF info is present (Orientation tag), but its value is always 0 (Horizontal).

So yeah, when I view the photos on any device (the own camera screen, a PC, a photo frame etc), all the pictures are displayed in landscape mode.