Join now - be part of our community!

dsc-n2

profile.country.en_GB.title
dburroug
Visitor

dsc-n2

my n2 when switching on in camera mode has a dark screen with the word 'access' and then advises me to turn camera off and back on but i keep on getting the same message.

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_e_p
New

Does the lens attempt to extend? Does the same thing happen with no memory stick inserted?

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello dburroug - welcome to the Sony Forums.

The word 'access' does make it sound like it could be an issue with the memory card so I would also advise you to check out the card and perhaps try turning on the camera without a card in it.

If the problem persists, how long have you had the camera?

Thanks

Simon

dburroug
Visitor

Hi

I've tried turning on camera with and without the memory card also with other memory cards but same thing happens. Also followed sony's how to re-set a digital camera but no. The lens comes out when switched on,but on turning camera off the lens retracts but then slightly comes back out and then retracts and then closes.

i have had this camera since it came on to the new market, must be 5 years, i know its outdated now but i,m one of those people that if it can be fixed depending on what price of course, i rather it be fixed plus its a touch screen and i don't believe sony have a latest touch screen camera?

regards

david

Message was edited by: dburroug

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Thanks for the extra info.

The best way to find out how much a repair could potentially cost is to contact customer services using the information given in the forum post below:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

They will be able to give you more information and then you can make an informed decision between a repair and purchasing a new camera.

If you do consider purchasing a new, touch screen model - the Sony Cybershot DSC-TX55 is due for release towards the end of September. A large touchscreen is included and it will also feature a 5x optical zoom, HD video shooting, panoramic images and 3D photos. I won't go into the whole list of features here (I will start to sound like an advert :smileyhappy:) but full information is on this link:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/dsc-t-series/dsc-tx55#pageType=ProductBenefits

Thanks

Simon