Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX9V I can't upload images to my PC - HELP!!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DaveGwarn
Visitor

DSC-HX9V I can't upload images to my PC - HELP!!

I purchased the camera around 4 weeks ago and have managed to download images to the PMB software provided with no issues a couple of times since.

However... for the past 48 hours each time I connect the camera, the option to import does not appear on my PC.  The cable works as I have used it to charge the battery through the mains, the USB socket works as other things are running off of it fine, i downloaded the latest drivers and reinstalled from Sony and still it wont work...

The message I get when I turn on the camera (on the camera screen) is 'Only playback possible during USB Power Supply'.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Dave, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds as if you have the camera in shooting mode: is it definitely switched to 'Play'? Also make sure the camera battery is properly inserted. It's not a common error message; if neither of these things are a factor, th eonly other suggestion I have is to try resetting the camera by removing the battery, waiting a few minutes, then re-inserting it.

If you still have no joy, call the Sony customer support team or register it for a repair. This 'sticky' post explains everything: http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Hope something threre is of some help :slight_smile:

Mick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hi Dave, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds as if you have the camera in shooting mode: is it definitely switched to 'Play'? Also make sure the camera battery is properly inserted. It's not a common error message; if neither of these things are a factor, th eonly other suggestion I have is to try resetting the camera by removing the battery, waiting a few minutes, then re-inserting it.

If you still have no joy, call the Sony customer support team or register it for a repair. This 'sticky' post explains everything: http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Hope something threre is of some help :slight_smile:

Mick

DaveGwarn
Visitor

Mick

Thanks for taking the time to respond - I do appreciate the help.

I've only just had the chance to get back online after a crazy week at work...

I'll try your ideas tomorrow and post back the results.

Thanks again

Dave

DaveGwarn
Visitor

Mick

I tried the fixes suggested but it didn't hellp unfortunately.  It's a bit of a nightmare because my sons 1st birthday is in 2 weeks and if I send it off for repair i'm not confident i'll get it back in time.

If you have any other suggestions i'd be very grateful.

Dave

Mick2011
New

Try removing the SD card and connecting to the PC using a card reader. They're cheap and available almost anywhere; if you don't have one it's a a worthwhile gadget to have around :wink:

There may well be an issue with the camera you need to check out, but the card reader lets you cut the camera out of the loop in the mean time for a 'cheap & dirty' workaround.

Let me know how it works out.

Mick