Join now - be part of our community!

Download pictures from HX9V and create year_month_day folders

profile.country.en_GB.title
apriliaken
Visitor

Download pictures from HX9V and create year_month_day folders

Is there a way to download pictures in date format (year-month-day) and to create new dated folders to store them... at present my Canon Camera Window software is doing it (without a problem), but HX9V seems not to have the facility.

In fact, the Sony software seems antiquated; offering only the opportunity to download pix into a folder dated on the day of download, rather than the date of the picture. If that's not so, please put me right...

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello apriliaken - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I have seen a user with a similar issue in the past and I recommended a piece of freeware called Bulk Rename Utility - the software and more information can be found here:

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

This may help you as it can extract the date details from the 'exif' information (the data that is saved with every photograph once it has been taken) and then use it to rename the file accordingly. This should then make it a lot easier to organise these into the relevant folders with a little bit of manual sorting. I can appreciate that it isn't fully automated but this may still be helpful to you.

Thanks,

Simon