Join now - be part of our community!

charging my dsc w310 in france

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
anncoope0
Visitor

charging my dsc w310 in france

I am going to France later this month,i haven't had my camera for long,so was just looking through the manual.

i saw the bit about using the camera abroad,it says you can use the camera and charger where the power supply is within 100v to 240v ,but it then says do not use an electronic transformer(travel converter),this may cause a malfunction,does this mean i won't be able to charge it up ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will be fine using the charger with a simple plug adapter.

An electronic converter is something different altogether - it is an inverter device that increases the  voltage from say 110 volts to 240 volts so you can use 240 volt appliances abroad.  Your charger can operate quite normally using any voltage between 110 and 240 and does not need a converter - just an adapter so it will fit in the plug sockets.

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will be fine using the charger with a simple plug adapter.

An electronic converter is something different altogether - it is an inverter device that increases the  voltage from say 110 volts to 240 volts so you can use 240 volt appliances abroad.  Your charger can operate quite normally using any voltage between 110 and 240 and does not need a converter - just an adapter so it will fit in the plug sockets.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
anncoope0
Visitor

thanks thats great news