Join now - be part of our community!

Can't install DSC-W530 on WinXp 2

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
dilitirio
Visitor

Can't install DSC-W530 on WinXp 2

Hello. I bought DSC-W530 cyber shot. When i try to install it (i have Windows XP service pack 2), it says:

PBM Installer: cannot install because this program does not support win xp service pack 2 or earlier. Update to 3 or later and then try again.

What should i do??

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dilitirio and welcome.

You will need to update your version of XP to Service Pack 3.  You can use Windows Update or the Microsoft Download Center to obtain Windows XP SP3 online.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

I presume you are using XP 32-bit?

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dilitirio and welcome.

You will need to update your version of XP to Service Pack 3.  You can use Windows Update or the Microsoft Download Center to obtain Windows XP SP3 online.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

I presume you are using XP 32-bit?

:wink:

dilitirio
Visitor

I was hoping i could avoid that... If i update to SP3, will i lose all my computer stuff? 😕

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

dilitirio wrote:

I was hoping i could avoid that... If i update to SP3, will i lose all my computer stuff? 😕

No you should not lose data, it just takes a long time to download and install.  Try to use Windows Update if you can and it may be sensible to back up any important files just in case.  Make sure you are on mains power - from memory, I think this update took about 2 hours but be prepared to leave it for 3 or 4 hours.

You will have to update to SP3 soon anyway as Microsoft are going to stop supporting SP2 and you will only get updates if you have SP3 installed.

:thinking:

dilitirio
Visitor

I see... Ok, i'll give it a try.. Thank you so much for helping me, I really appreciate it!

Have a nice day :heart_eyes: