Join now - be part of our community!

XR 65A80J and Sony Problems

profile.country.GB.title
Carl13
Explorer

XR 65A80J and Sony Problems

Hi 

I bought TV from CostcoUK (04/03/22) and recently it as started switching on and off randomly, some times in the middle of the night. Also when we turn it on, we get Home Screen then TV to last watched, then black screen and no sound same on every channel.

After a hard restart all working ok again, apart from the random on and off, which when you are in bed and tv kicks into life is very disturbing.

So after speaking to Costco they put us on to Sony who offered a repair but only Monday to Friday which like most people is when I work so unless I take time off the tv stays as is.

Sony are happy to to take money 7 days a week but offer only a 5 day week service.

8 REPLIES 8
Piscie
Community Team

@Carl13, so how often are you facing this random reboot issue? and have you checked the software version of your TV?

profile.country.GB.title
Carl13
Explorer

The problem is still happening. due to Sony being unable to accommodate people who actually work.

As for the software version Sony tech checked while I was on the phone and all was good.

Now my work contract is finished but Sony 1 year warranty is ended so some local repair shop is been sent by Costco see what they can do.

Didnt last 1 year before problems not fit for purpose

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Carl13, I'm sorry that you went through this experience. When did you report the issue to Sony by phone? 

Also, did you get the engineers already? What did they say? 

profile.country.GB.title
Carl13
Explorer

Hi Hannah

i spoke with Sony around the time of my OP but as I said to the person at Sony I am a contractor and if I’m not working I and the persons who works with me don’t get paid and that money pretty much covers the tv value. So you can understand my not taking time off and could only be available at weekends, but Sony is not a company who lives in the 21st century and operates 24/7/365so I have no engineer visit, and tv not fixed and now is is out of Sony warranty.

Between Costco, not accepting return of tv until Sony authorise return which because they don’t work 7 days and now out of warranty I am stuck with a not fit for purpose tv

Thanks Sony and Costco

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Carl13, I contacted Sony for you mentioning your post, they will be in touch. 

profile.country.GB.title
Carl13
Explorer

Just had an engineer look at tv was told it’s the main board clearly it should have lasted longer than 9 months 

profile.country.GB.title
Carl13
Explorer

Hi Hannah 

I have received an email thank you but what was advised as been tried but to no avail

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Carl13, since you already had an engineer and you're within the first year, it must be covered by your warranty, which is a good thing at least. 

Let me know if you need anything else.