Join now - be part of our community!

X93C constantly rebooting after firmware upgrade

X93C constantly rebooting after firmware upgrade

Hi,

My Sony X93 is stuck in a reboot loop where it only gets to the Sony logo and then turns off and reboots. This is neverending. 

I have tried to do a reset as advised through holding the arrow button on the remote and pressing the power button on the side of the TV but have never got the 'reset' message. So I think it's failing to reset. I have now had to unplug the TV as it's stuck in this loop.

I called Sony tech support who were not of any use. They said it's probably updating and to leave it. They won't provide any further help unless I keep calling them back with updates like what happened after 30 minutes and pulling the plug and waiting again to see if it installed. 

I think it's obviously in the known issue with the new update which is the reboot loop, but my question is how can I power reset my TV when keeping the arrow up button pressed and then pressing the TV power button is having no effect.

Help?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Quite some time ago my TV did the same, but I had to be really quick in doing the reset before it rebooted.  At the end of the day, as your TV is a 2015 model, it should be under warranty, so you might want to initiate either an exchange from your retailer or a repair.

Cheers