Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless issues again

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Wireless issues again

well this is just continous for around 4 months, after trying everything my tv will not hold a stable wirless connection.  

so far tried

WPS

DHCP

Static IP Assignment

Reset tv around 10 time loosing all my programmes each time,

if i continuously ping the tv's ip address from something else on the same IP range i can see the TV dropping off the network, its 100% a TV fault.

Next thing is where do i go from here, i bought the TV in december last year, do i take back to the shop or do i try and go the sony route (not that i know what that is)

HEEEEELP!!!! 

also noticed rubbish sound coming through the arc channel since i started using that a couple weeks ago, sure i have saw posts about this but want to tackle one issue at a time.

litterally reset the tvaround 1.5 hours ago and has disconnected 3 times

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Anyone have  suggestions ?

SpireiteJim78
Explorer

I totally feel your pain my TV has been working perfect for months then all of a sudden the connections are very unstable. My fibre is 37mb and very constant no drops at all but the speeds on the tv will drop to 4mb and never recover the only way to get it back is to reconnect to the network but it doesnt last for long.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

well contracted sony today, asked all the usual questions

have you connected to another wifi network

tried different dns

after all that they will call me back in 48 hours.  TBC

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

so after going through 30 mins on the phone, i get the mail below, basically asking what the guy on the phone asked anyway, perhaps a little more in depth

"Dear Mr Prior

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

In reference to our phone conversation regarding the Sony KDL-55W755C BRAVIA TV, we appreciate your patience and cooperation to provide the required information below in order to escalate the case further:

- Wired Mac Address:

<edited by moderator>

Press “Home”, select “Help”, select “Network Setup”; the Mac address will be listed there.

<edited by moderator>

Press “Home”, select “Help”, select “System Information”; the Device ID will be listed there.

- Current firmware Installed on device: “Please write the exact version”

PKG3.473010EUA

Press “Home”, select “Help”; and the FW version will be mentioned at the top right hand corner

- What is the exact issue providing the maximum details?

- When did the issue start?

- Your Post Code:

- Device IP Address:

- Internet Service Provider name:

Virgin

- What is the actual internet speed Using "SpeedTest.net"?

48 mbps

- Network Environment: “i.e FTTH, Broadband”

Fibre

- Brand and model of the router:

Virgin fibre router

- What is the public IP address by visiting “www.whatismyip.com” 

<edited by moderator>

- What Troubleshooting steps did you try?

staticip

dhcp

changed dns settings

VPN

guest network

Phone hotspot

wireshark packet loss tracing, shows router stays up while tv disconnects

- Please try wired connection and advise the outcome.

wired connection is fine

- Please provide photos of any error message and the available Apps on the device.

- Please take a screenshot of the result of location check provided by Akamai.(done by customer on a PC or the device)

http://www4.akamai.com/html/technology/products/personalization.html

- When checked (Date/Time):

- Any additional information you wish to log?

worked fine from december, until around 6 weeks ago

- For how long do you keep the service loading?

- Can you access the service on a different machine?

- Please try a different network even if hotspot.

it is the same if i use my phone as a hotspot and connect tv to that

- Can you use other internet apps on the TV?

yes but the pause or crash on disconnect from wirelss

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email."

i then get a mail to say this has been escalated to a senior technician, who dosnt bother to read the mail and sends me a link to set a static IP:smileyrolleyes:

"

Dear Mr Prior

Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding your KDL-55W755C.

In regards to your enquiry, please follow the link below to connect to you network manually and reply to this email to confirm if your issue has been resolved.

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36641/knowledgebase/1/

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Abdelrahman Ahmed

SONY SUPPORT TEAM"

i understand the need to troubleshoot, but at least if they read the information they ask for it would help, anyway if i get no joy shortly its going back to the shop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Whilst you are going all through this with Sony - and you do have my sympathies, are you able to hook the TV to your router via an ethernet cable perminantly?  If not, have you considered Homeplugs such as:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010PKIT-Powerline-Adapter-Through/dp/B00G2CNKRU

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

HI Quinnicus

its currently wired which is perfect for now, however not really the point the wireless should work regardless, certainly dont want to be spending money on another solution.

will update with what sony come back with but im not hoping for much

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prior20

What frequency band are you using on the TV?  2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?  If using the 5Ghz, can you try forcing 2.4Ghz instead?  You may need to separate the bands in your router settings and have 2 SSIDs - 1 for each band.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Have tried both unfortunetally 😞