Join now - be part of our community!

Wi fi connection and Apps

profile.country.GB.title
IGGY1951
Explorer

Wi fi connection and Apps

I have a 2015 Sony KD-49X8309C.

Wi fi connectivity has always been poor, but manageable.  But now, every time I turn the tv off for more than a couple of hours, when I switch it back on the connection has gone and I have to do a soft restart (hold power button on remote for 5/6 seconds),

This generally fixes it, but not always.  And the tv is very slow in processing channel seeking/changes immediately after the reset.

I just want to watch tv, access Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer etc.  I don’t game or do anything else with the tv.

Also, the tv has well over 100 apps installed including stuff like google Japanese, google back up transport and many other meaningless ones - to me at any rate.

Do I need all these?  Most of them show “forced stop” so I presume they are running all the time.  Can I safely force stop them or even remove them?  Which apps must I keep?

Hope someone can help.

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@IGGY1951 

‘Forced Stop’ would mean the app is already stopped.

Or did you mean ‘Force Stop’, which means you can press that, and it will Force Stop on the app?

In general, no manufacturer will let you delete an app essential to the smooth running of the TV; and even if you delete an app essential to how you, individually, choose to operate your TV, you can always reload it from the TV Play Store.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey @IGGY1951, I would also advise you to make sure that the TV is running on the latest software version first, which can be found here to make sure that everything is up to date as it might be the reason for all of that.