Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to project laptop to A8 OLED TV -Wifi Direct

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
yymanc
Explorer

Unable to project laptop to A8 OLED TV -Wifi Direct

I'm able to connect with my A8 TV after activating the WIFI Direct, the TV confirms my laptop is registered. However my laptop is still trying to connect , then says it couldn't connect after about 30 secs - see attached screenshot. Hence unable to extend or make my TV a second monitor.Annotation 2020-07-04 184319.png

Anyone know if they have similar issue and is there a fix around?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you still have the screen mirroring app on tv miracast is still implemented...but it was always a flaky standard...you may try something as setting ip simple control in the network setting of the tv but the easiest way to mirror a pc is using chrome casting function.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Belfiore attempting the connection did you put your tv in screen mirroring waiting?

Ps even if AFAIK miracast is not supported anymore in newer tv since last year. Only casting.

profile.country.GB.title
yymanc
Explorer

Yes i access the Wifi Direct or Screen mirroring setting to activate, so then it appears on my laptop (Win 10) under Connect. It confirms connection on the TV but my laptop then does - as per screenshot. Are you saying that these newer Sony TVs dont support the ability to become a 2nd monitor over WIFI? My last TV could do this,

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you still have the screen mirroring app on tv miracast is still implemented...but it was always a flaky standard...you may try something as setting ip simple control in the network setting of the tv but the easiest way to mirror a pc is using chrome casting function.
profile.country.GB.title
yymanc
Explorer

i have used Chromecast, it does project my desktop only, not extend it. I guess this is a quick solution for use of  additional screen over wifi. looks like need to plug it like in the office. thanks