Join now - be part of our community!

Sony warranty

profile.country.GB.title
ronb1609
Explorer

Sony warranty

Bought 70 inch sony bravia in Jan 2019 had 5 year sony warranty + 1year extra Richer sounds warranty total 6 years.

Noticed a few months ago there was some shadowing and what looked liked bleeding in bottom left hand corner of tv.

Contacted sony who asked me to send pictures which I did, a few days later asked for more pictures and receipt details which I did.

Got a message back to say it was probably caused by myself or my children so could not help me.

I phoned them up and explained the TV was professionally fitted on wall and that how can they assume I caused damage by looking at pictures.

Also to say It could have been caused by my children is a joke, as I have no children living at home and they are all grown up and married and living there own lives.

I asked if they could send someone out to look at tv as there was no damage in the bottom corner.

They said no, then advisor went away came back and said it was within the normal range for bleeding and ghosting so could not be covered by warranty.

What a joke, so now left with tv with ghosting and bleeding and can't claim.

Have had sony tv's for 20 years now, but will not purchase again.

Anyone else had problems like this.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ronb1609 and welcome to the Sony User Community :slight_smile:

Can you post some pictures here for us to see?

profile.country.GB.title
ronb1609
Explorer

20230112_192207.jpg

20230207_082538.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ronb1609 

Thanks for posting the photos :slight_smile:

I am not a technician however in my opinion if the TV has not been damaged then that is not within an

acceptable level of  ghosting and bleeding. I'd welcome other members views on this.

I have escalated this for you so someone will contact you, although it may take a few days. Are your contact details correct in your profile?

profile.country.GB.title
ronb1609
Explorer

Yes they are.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@jumpsuit @ronb1609 

It looks to me like it’s either been dropped on that corner, or that is heat stress on a badly fitted screen.

Does it worsen if the TV is left on for a few hours, as it likely would if the problem were the latter?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@royabrown2 yeah I can understand why they may have thought it was damage to that corner. 

It will be interesting to see what @ronb1609  says about if it worsens over time when it is left on. 

profile.country.GB.title
ronb1609
Explorer

I can guarantee it has never been dropped on that corner, tv is 4 years old and was professionally fitted on wall since new, never been taken down since then.

Does get slightly worse longer tv is on but is only visible on black screen.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ronb1609  :slight_smile:

Has anybody been in touch with you yet?

p.s. @SkyNet404 This has already been escalated