Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD49XF9005 picture ratio issue

profile.country.GB.title
Lucychops
Explorer

Sony KD49XF9005 picture ratio issue

Hi new to the forum . problem is more user error I think rather than a fault but I need help please.

owned Sony 42 in hd set and ht-xt1 sb for past 5 years and sky q installed last year been working fine since. It’s in the bedroom now still works perfectly. Just bought the latest KD49XF9005 together with xf9000 sound bar and Ubp-x800 bd player. Connecting leads are all syncwire high speed. Connections are sb to HDMI 3 arc /sky q to HDMI /2 bd to hdmi1.high speed internet

set it all up to 3 days ago all went fine all updates done sky q was set at 1080p as per previous Sony. Sound bar and player work all ok. Then changed to uhd on sky and tried 10bit which was offered but when try to use said not compatible tried 8bit no probs. Used setup for a couple of days no problems really like the equipment so don’t want to return it and get something else.  But and it’s a pain reading how to get the best out of the set changed the picture to custom minor settings on brightness etc as suggested in reviews and no problems encountered everything worked well .found out it would accept 10bit on sky settings and changed it . Not on quite a lot of channels films revert to widescreen with a thick black bar top and bottom .

worst still adverts change from full screen to the same black bars one advert will do this another won’t drives u crazy.  You have to revert to 1080p on sky or normal tv to alter wide zoom etc but any alteration makes no difference except for zoom then it too big. There doesn’t seem to b a setting which can get the picture to display properly. 

When picture changes to a narrow band withe the black borders top of images are cropped.

done factory reset changed leads and inputs nothing seems to help please any techie outhere

many thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Lucy,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Have you tried turning off Auto Wide?  Please see the following help page which may offer a solution.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc