Join now - be part of our community!

Sony HDR TV and appalling support from Sony

Notsew
New

Sony HDR TV and appalling support from Sony

I purchased their latest Sony XD9305 tv in mid March and the tv completely fail three weeks ago. (that's in total five months of very sparce use)........ Sony sub-contract their repairs and on the first visit (by the way they only offer a day timeslot) they merely took a photo of the reciept and its serial number and stated it had failed due to a auto-software update which had crashed the motherboard. I have since waited three weeks and finally they return to fit the new board. (this was after many calls chasing the repair). You guessed it, the new board didnt fix the problem. Now my TV's gone away for what Sony say will be a week and half. In my opinion although the product is good whilst working its not fit for purpure. Sony will not replace the TV with a new one and I have had to have three days off work so far......Not impressed, no customer service from Sony or support and they don't deserve praise if this is how they treat their loyal customers.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Did they bring you a spare while yours was away?

They should have - this is what Sony instruct their retailers to do.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Notsew
New

no. irs taken three weeks so get a samsung spare i was without a tv and watching tv on an ipda for three weeks.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Have to agree with the level of service, had no reply to my queries for over a week now.  they took 4 days to send me instruction to connect to the wireless after i phoned them & mailed them a ton of info, the very first piece showing i did what they asked, up to now nothing to follow up.  Im taking mine back to the retailer today for a replacement.

Notsew
New

Best to reply from a pc rather than a mobile and then there are no spelling mistakes !!! Sony ship their repairs out to local firms. I was not offered a temporary replacement and so was left without a working tv for three weeks. I had to use my ipad wirelessly from my sky box. When the repairers did return they were unable to fix the problem on the second visit and so took the tv away (i was then left a samsung to get by with). Although Consumer advice state I am enntitled to a replacment once i had allowed them to fix it once this has not happened. Sony Customer service never reply to emails and the Sony Centre will not replace the tv........

What adds to the tv problem is the lack of respect for furniture from the repairers when they are in your home. Their tool bag was plonked on my oak cabinet which I have just had refurbished without care. It seems any standard is acceptable when dealing with Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

can you not take this back to the retailer?

i got mine from argos and took back this afternoon, returned my KDL55-755c and it was replaced with a KDL55-805c not really sure what the difference is but seems to be 100hz &3D as extras. so im happy, (well its configuring & updating at the min but wireless so far is solid, which was my original issue)

hope you get sorted, just remember ultimatlly your retailer is responsible for the warranty so you may get better service from them.