Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-55W755C freezing after startup.

furcino
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-55W755C freezing after startup.

Hello, I wanted to start a thread for people with simmilar issues. My tv keeps freezing after startup since I have made the firmware updates. I called the support and they made me reset to initial setup, which did nothing. I have tried the reset to factory settings, which seems to work so far, but I am not sure if it holds. I will come back with that tomorrow, because it kept freezing every half a day or so. 

What happens is that I can turn the TV on, but it is mute and stuck on a TV channel, being absolutely unresponsive. A workaround is to reset the TV by pulling the plug, but this is like the most inconvenient thing ever and I will return the TV if it happens again.

If anyone encountered this behavior, please write me a line and tell me if you managed to fix it.

Update: Reseting to factory settings has worked for two days. It is probably the solution for this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
furcino
Explorer

Hello, this is day two since I've reset to factory settings. The TV works fine. I used all the stuff I did before like netflix etc. and in the morning the TV was ok. The issue seems to be solved. If it repeats I will write a reply here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent.  Thanks for posting back.  Fingers crossed :wink:

cjo100
Explorer

the exact same thing  happens to my SONY - BRAVIA KD43X8309CBU. I have to switch it off at the socket and restart then the remote and TV starts to work again and sound returns.  have contacted SONY.

(also had a recent "upgrade" !)