Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA KD55XF9005 Turns off few seconds after turning on?!

profile.country.GB.title
Oldfish1
Explorer

SONY BRAVIA KD55XF9005 Turns off few seconds after turning on?!

Hello guys,

I’m hoping this is an easy fix! It’s been one of those really small but irritating things which has been going on for months now.

I turn on the tv with the sky Q remote which turns on both the sky and tv. The tv comes on, shows the sky menu and then turns off again.

I then have to turn the tv on again.

Seems odd to turn a tv on twice for it to work… any ideas?

Thank you!

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
krthama

Raised the issue in Sep 2021, after sufferig for a few months. This is July 2023, have only just receivedan update on my TV, and one of the issues it purports to fix is " Occasionally TV restarts during playback"

An awfully long time to wait for a fix for an issue which seems to have been introduced by another update.

I will observe for a few days.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @krthama, I had a look at the thread above, has it been happening every time you switch on the TV since then? Have you tried a factory data reset before? 

profile.country.GB.title
krthama

Yes, practically everytime I switched it on. SOmetimes, as soon as I switched it, sometimes in the middle of watching a program, or using the program guide.

Hopefully this latest update fixes it. Still observing how it performs. So far so good.

Piscie
Community Team

Hello @krthama, good to know that it is working fine so far. You can try a factory reset if it happens again.