Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Internet constantly disconnecting

profile.country.GB.title
Deeburn1
Explorer

Sony Bravia Internet constantly disconnecting

New Sony Bravia tv- automatically updated back in March since then it disconnects from the Internet every 30mins which interferes with all catch up tv channels

First returned it to currys where they monitored it for 2 days without finding any problems but at home it was still doing it. Next step was Sony repair dept which its been to twice, both times they replaced the WiFi card, WiFi Bluetooth antenna and main board but the tv still does it!

Every call I've made to Sony I'm talked through more resetting which never works (their last email asked how far the tv was from my router...the same as any other tv would be was my reply) The tv is 7mth old yet they refuse to accept it has a problem and refuse to refund my money. What can I do now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Two things you can try. Make sure the time is set to internet time in settings menu. Try disabling Ipv6 lan setting in your internet router. I have a sky router and this worked for me.

profile.country.GB.title
Deeburn1
Explorer

Thanks for you reply

Internet time setting has been done everytime I've called Sony so i know that doesn't work but what is the Ipv6 lan? My router is Now TV (which has also been replaced as I thought maybe the problem was with that but it wasn't) I bought another tv a lot cheaper than the Bravia and have had no problems whatsoever Im upset that I'm stuck with this expensive sony that does not do what it should ☹

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Its a setting in your wireless router. It will be under lan settings and is usually just a tick box. Unticking it on my sky router totally cured the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Deeburn1
Explorer

Thanks for that. This is the content from Sony - I'm no expert by any means but what they want me to do now is in my eyes a bit much and a bit over the top.

Thank you for contacting sony support. 
With reference to your enquiry, kindly follow below steps.
1- Mac Address (HOME -Settings - Network - Advanced settings - Network status)
2- IP address (HOME - Settings - Network set up - Advanced settings - Network status)
3- The Device ID (HOME - Help - System information)
4- Check Connection from (HOME - Settings - System settings - Set up - Network - Network set up - View Network settings and status) and reply with the feedback
6- Internet service provider/ Brand AND model of the router. (Contact your internet Provider)
7- Are you using VPN / Proxy / Anonymizer / TOR service to access the Internet? (Contact your internet Provider)
8- What are you using FTTH, or Broadband? (Contact your internet Provider)
9- Are you connected to internet via WIFI or via LAN cable?
10- What is the public IP address by visiting "www.whatismyip.com"? (On your computer)
11- What is actual internet speed using "SpeedTest.net"? (On your computer)
12-Does the issue happen on different applications?
13-Have you tried LAN connection?
14-What is the software version on the TV? (Help - System information)
Should you have further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Yours sincerely,