Join now - be part of our community!

software update 6.5629 for Sony A1

profile.country.GB.title
Fraz57

software update 6.5629 for Sony A1

I am disgusted to report that this update has not worked. the dimming is still happening even after a factory re set. How disgraceful that they dared to send this out, so disrespectful.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Fraz57

Forgive me if you have posted this info elsewhere, but

did you ever establish whether there was a fault on your particular TV set?

(Did you contact support and did they send an engineer etc?)

profile.country.GB.title
Fraz57

Hi Jumpsuit

Like everyone else my A1 OLED was working perfectly until the 6.28 update.

I have never requested an engineer until just yesterday  when I raised a “repair” with Sony as I want action to resolve the matter.

What is your situation? Do you have the A1? Is it working normally?

profile.country.GB.title
Fraz57

UPDATE

I raised a complaint with Sony about the latest software roll out not resolving the dimming issue. I am so disappointed that their response is to ask me to send a video which I am certain other forum members have already sent. Clearly, it`s just about killing time then telling me to change settings on my TV.

This is not looking good and I wonder what recourse we have?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @Fraz57 :slight_smile:

No, sadly I don't have an A1, I might have to blackmail Father Christmas

this year.;)

Regarding the update, the first bulletpoint states " Improves picture brightness in a specific set of circumstances."

2018-09-12_9-15-40.jpg

I think that means that the dimming hasn't been totally removed with this update, just the 'aggressiveness' of the dimming.

profile.country.GB.title
Fraz57

Hi

The Sony engineers are looking at pre and post dimming vids and yesterday I sent a pic of the full software update serial number.

The next stage in the process (I think) is, for an engineer to call to my home but we will have to see how the first part goes. I don`t think there is a fault with my set, if there is, it`s the software update that caused it. Remember others are also complaining.

Re the bit about "improves the brightness............." this is absolute rubbish because, the picture dims in the very same circumstances as before and when it dims, it never changes back unless I change channel or activate a menu. It then changes for about a minute or less before dimming again.

Trust me Jumpy, the issue is an absolute nightmare and not something you can forget about whist watching a programme or gaming.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again  :slight_smile:

I trust you :beers:

Keep us posted on any response from the engineers etc.

If I hear anything in the meantime I will post back here.

profile.country.GB.title
Fraz57

Will do and incidentally, tell Father Christmas NOT to stop at your chimney if he has an A1 in his sack!!

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi John,

Any chance you could post links to your videos on this thread for us to keep matters central and have easier access to all customer accounts at one place?

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Fraz57

Hi Dutchice,

I tried sending you both vids via Gmail which worked yesterday but today I got a response saying "message too large"

I don`t know how to link my vids to a URL? I`m wondering whether I could upload both vids to You Tube?

In addition, I wonder why Sony has not suspended (6.5629) like they did for the previous failed software roll out.

I was chatting to Citizen`s Advice today and there is paperwork on their website re Terms and Conditions. They are telling me to quote this to both Currys and Sony. Who knows?