Join now - be part of our community!

PKG3.179.0100EUA control remote and buttons dont now work after turning the TV on & TV turn on Auto

Nandez87
Explorer

PKG3.179.0100EUA control remote and buttons dont now work after turning the TV on & TV turn on Auto

Software version: PKG3.179.0100EUA

After last update the controls do not work - neither from remote control or using the buttons from the back of the TV.

Need to unplug/plug the TV and then it works.and turn on automaticly

Any solutions?

10 REPLIES 10
JayKay225
Explorer

And me. I knew there was a reason I've never liked Sony products. Only had this TV for 2 weeks and half of that it hasn't worked properly.

JayKay225
Explorer

I found that not switching it off by the remote and just using the off button to the rear of the screen helps.  Come on Sony, sort it out

Nandez87
Explorer

Thanks both. Dont Worry JayKay225n, i have this Tv since May 2015 and i can say this Tv it´s the best SmartTv on 2015. Allways Run Ok, sometimes dont turn on by remote control but its a minor bug and i hope its corrected in the future. Only this Update goes wrong.

For Example, i Have Happy Chick installed on my tv and i have thousand of games (PSP, DC, ARCADE, NINTENDO) running Ok and using my PS4 Controller. I have so many apks installed from aptoide and work fine.

We have to wait Sony correct this bug.

JayKay225
Explorer

Having spoken with Sony customer support, I found a (not entirely ideal) work around. Go through the settings menu and basically right back to the point where you wipe the TV and start again. This removes the latest download - which they admitted was glittchy, but you must then go through the process of setting up again, including google logins, re-tuning etc.  Remote now works but for some reason the TV has defaulted to YouView view.  I do still see issues with sound going out of sync with picture so it looks like those on screen are badly miming, but at least it now makes noise each time I turn it on.

Still far from a perfect TV and one with I regret buying (my first and last Sony!)

Normis83
Explorer

You need to check the same with the customer support of the sony. They might help you better than any body else.

Nandez87
Explorer

New update released! I hope all problems will be solved!!

Nandez87
Explorer

New update released! I hope all problems will be solved!!

Tags (1)
JayKay225
Explorer

Sadly not. Mine has been working fine over the last week but I just switched it on and no sound or remote. What the hell are these idiots doing

Nandez87
Explorer

Unbelievable.... The problems still happend after update the Tv.... What happend with u, Sony?? I have to disconnect the power cable every days...