Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony X80K BRAVIA (Google TV) Has Issue While Playing Game Via Laptop (Please help me out)

profile.country.GB.title
harrisonethan
Explorer

New Sony X80K BRAVIA (Google TV) Has Issue While Playing Game Via Laptop (Please help me out)

I've recently purchased the new Sony X80K BRAVIA (Google TV), which is really amazing, especially the 4K display.

And, gaming is one of the reasons I purchased this one, but I've been stuck sometime while playing games on it via my laptop. It might be because my current laptop configurations are not that high.

Any ideas on how I can improve my gaming experience on the Sony Xperia BRAVIA (Google TV)? Or do I need to upgrade my old laptop?

Any suggestions? Please help me out.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@harrisonethan 

If you can please provide the make, model, and individual spec of the laptop (at least in those areas germane to your issue) and a typical game that you are trying to play, we can gravely consider your issue.

Though, deep down, I suspect you already know the answer 😛

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
harrisonethan
Explorer

@royabrown2

I play the following Real Racing 3, Call Of Duty Mobile, PubG

I've been using a HP laptop, here are the specs of my current laptop: ‎

HP 14s-fq0022na
Operating System - Windows 10 S
Processor - ‎AMD (‎E Series), 1.2 GHz
RAM - 4 GB
Hard Drive - ‎64 GB

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@harrisonethan 

Thanks for the specs. 

HP class that, I believe, as a Student or Office laptop:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/C64D1F17-2CFB-4C32-9B08-8A6013B4E7CB?ingress=2&visitId=af33a323...

and your processor attracts some negative comments:-

https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bobcat/TYPE-E-Series.html

The cut-down ‘S’ Windows and relatively small amount of RAM won’t help either.

Great for browsing and email, and even for watching videos, with HD resolution claimed, but serious gaming will need a higher spec, something the Sony will reveal rather more starkly than the laptop screen will.

As regards upgrading, I think you can (irreversibly) switch to full Windows 10, though whether that would bring any licensing or performance issues, you’d have to check. And maybe you could expand the RAM to 8 GB.

But that processor will remain your bottleneck, so you will need to ‘upgrade’ as in ‘change’, I fear.

I think this laptop cost about £300? You don’t have to go up to a full gaming rig, but something that is, or was, £700 upwards will likely be the minimum spec you will need for satisfactory gaming, Intel Core i5 or Ryzen equivalent, maybe i7 if you can run to it.

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey @harrisonethan you can try to check this link Computer video signal specifications, to view computer content, set [Wide mode] to [Full], and [Display area] to [+1] . ([Display area] is configurable only when [Auto display area] is disabled.) I hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
harrisonethan
Explorer

@royabrown2 

Thanks for your suggestions!

What do you think about this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-15-6-Laptop/dp/B09SG58693? It has 8 GB of RAM and good specs.

And I've also found some products here, but the prices are a little steep. https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/d/gaming-laptops/

profile.country.GB.title
harrisonethan
Explorer

@Elodin This is really helpful thanks for sharing it.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@harrisonethan 

The pricier ones are lovely, but I think with the £800 one you will do very nicely, compared with what you have now 😛

I had a Lenovo from work, just an office one, but it was solid as a rock for years and years.

And I had a £600 one dedicated to a particular project, and that was very good also.

profile.country.GB.title
Elodin

Hey @harrisonethan, you're always welcome. We are all trying to help and assist each other here.