Join now - be part of our community!

KD55X8509C output TV sound to Onkyo AV

SOLVED
gr1340
Explorer

KD55X8509C output TV sound to Onkyo AV

Hello all. 

Just got the above TV and I am very pleased. 

One question, how can I output the sound from the inbuilt TV tuner/Amazon prime to my Onkyo AV unit? Do I have to use optical out as I can't get it to work over HDMI. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gr1340
Explorer

Thank you for the replies.  

My problem was that I was using an old hdmi lead that wasn't high speed. I got a new one from amazon and it worked fine after that.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If your Onkyo AV Reciever supports HDMI-ARC simply connect a HDMI cable between the two devices using the appropriate HDMI-ARC port.  If it doesnt, you will need an optical cable to connect the two.  If you get stuck, reply back with the model number of the av reciever and im sure this community will help.

Cheers

gr1340
Explorer

Thank you for the reply. 

It it is an Onkyo TX-SR508 which I believe does support ARC. Looking at the specs, I am now wondering if the HDMI lead I am using supports 1.4 as it is quite old. 

Jagman68
Explorer

Hello 

I had same problem using my old sony av reciever what you need to do is connect the Av reciever to the headphone jack on the side of the tv then go into the settings click sound then go into the headphone menu and change the setting to variable hope this helps 

Good luck 🍀 

gr1340
Explorer

Thank you for the replies.  

My problem was that I was using an old hdmi lead that wasn't high speed. I got a new one from amazon and it worked fine after that.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool

Glad you got it going.