Join now - be part of our community!

KD-50X89K Apps on USB stick disappearing

profile.country.GB.title
Mic06230
New

KD-50X89K Apps on USB stick disappearing

Hi Community,
the KD-50X89K tv set is geared with 4Go internal storage only... ;-(
So I did move some apps (ie:Kodi) on a fast USB stick but encountering repeated bugs with apps on USB stick not appearing on main home screen after shut down or sleep, need to restart TV set each time (sometimes offers to install app instead of opening it etc...)
Any hack there to solve the issue?
Thanks. Yves

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Mic06230, try unplugging the TV from the mains and remove any external devices and leave it for two minutes, then try again. 

Also, make sure to remove it when you're done, if that's convenient. 

If the issue remains, let me know the current software version on the TV, how often does the issue happen? When did it start?

profile.country.GB.title
Mic06230
New

Hello Hannah,

Thanks for your reply. I tried that but not solving the issue.
It seems that it would happen every time the TV set goes to "sleep". It reboots by itself when turning it back on (ie: following day) or needs to be rebooted manually to get apps back on home screen...
I tried to switch off energy saving parameters in apps so USB port or apps wouldn't be turned off by energy saving program. This did not work either.
I was hoping the latest SONY firmaware release installed a few days ago would attend the issue but did not...
I tried all possible workarounds but had to remove the USB stick and uninstall apps in order to fit internal storage capacity.
Not sure if anybody encountered the same problem or ever found a solution.
Thanks for your help.
Yves

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Mic06230, so what's the exact firmware on your TV? Is it v6.6495? Also have you tried a factory data reset? and are you facing these issues only while plugging the USB stick?