Join now - be part of our community!

Jaggies on PS4 games on a Bravia KD55XD8005BU 4K HDR TV

mileneh
Explorer

Jaggies on PS4 games on a Bravia KD55XD8005BU 4K HDR TV

Today I bought a Sony Bravia KD55XD8005BU model 4K HDR TV to use with my PS4 but for some reason every game I play on it has Jaggied edges on every object on screen. I have owned lower spec 1080p Sony Bravia TVs before and the picture quality on these TVs when gaming looked a lot better than my 4K HDR TV I bought today. I thought that maybe if I update the firmware on this TV then maybe there would be an improvement in resolution when gaming but it says that I already have the latest update. I have tried tweaking with all of the settings but the jagged edges dont go away. To be honest I am very dissapointed when the picture quality I am getting with this TV I thought that it would have an impressive image quality but every game looks low resolution. Can anyone help me out with this problem I hope its just a setting which is causing this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Hard to know what settings you have tried, but normally setting the TV to "Game" mode should help.  Also, are you using an adequate 'high speed' HDMI cable?

Cheers

mileneh
Explorer

Hi I tried game mode as soon as I hooked up the PS4 to the TV but the resolution reminds me of a last gen PS3 game also I am using the HDMI cable which came with my PS4. I tried every display mode and tweaked the settings on all of them and I cant seem to get an image similar to the 1080p TVs I bought in the past. I just hope that this is not how PS4 games look on this TV because if so then I really regret buying it. I bought lower resolution 1080p TVs before which were half the price and they looked a lot better than this one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance you can upload a photo?  Also, I think this is the first time I have heard of this on the new TVs.

I have a KD-55XD8577 and do not experience this with my PS4.

mileneh
Explorer

Thanks for the reply your KD-55XD8577 TV is a higher spec than mine which is a KD55XD8005BU though. But here is a screenshot I took from the game The Witcher 3 if you look around the outline of Geralts body there are jaggies all around him also on his sword I never had this problem with cheaper Sony TVs20160922_213932.jpg

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Have you tried turning down the "Sharpness"  setting? Turn it down too much and you will start to blur the image, but tuning it correctly is like adding free anti-aliasing for no performance hit.