Join now - be part of our community!

How to stop HDMI Information Banner on KD-49XG9005 using Android 9 latest firmware???

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
warlord01
Explorer

How to stop HDMI Information Banner on KD-49XG9005 using Android 9 latest firmware???

I wish to stop the information banner from being displayed at random times whilst watching TV etc on my XG9005.

After searching around, I found out that prior to this latest update (v6.7140) that you could enter the menu: 

Home > Settings > Channel Setup > Info Banner > OFF  and disable the notification.

There must be a way to achieve this under the latest firmware, as it is spoiling my viewing experience and is becoming a major annoyance!!

Any suggestions gratefully received 😀

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.GB.title
warlord01
Explorer

Yes, used USB update - now completed on two sets with no problems 👍🏻👍🏻

profile.country.GB.title
CosmicCat

Great news!

Do you know if the underlying problem is fixed or have you just turned the banners off?

Either way I look forward to being finally rid of them.

It's been a long wait but thank you Sony at last.

profile.country.GB.title
jonH68
Explorer

At long last it seems the latest firmware has resolved the banner situation.

Because of the issue I connected the Virgin 360 box and Apple TV4K directly to the TV with a pair of stereo Homepods replacing my previous L-C-R speaker set up so the Denon AVR appears redundant now.

profile.country.GB.title
bajones01
Explorer

Yes this really irritating fault appears to finally have a solution - the ability once more to turn off the display banner in the software may be a workaround but a very welcome one at that!