Join now - be part of our community!

Has anybody ever tried to Disable(Force stop) YouView and YVServicehost apps?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Has anybody ever tried to Disable(Force stop) YouView and YVServicehost apps?

My region (EU) does not allow YouView installation since this is not available as a Service in my country Greece and other European countries.

However, this app does not exist as an executable app on my KD-55X8508C Home Screen, but two apps run in the background as System apps and Running apps. YouView and YVServiceHost.

Those two seem to be "alive" since there is Data and Cach kilobytes populated on their properties.

I don't know if those two apps are CRITICAL for TV functionality so I have not risked to FORCE STOP.

I am having similar issues with people in UK that do not use YouView but only General Satellite. Channels are lost, deleted channels reappear, channels rearrange themselves automatically.

Sony has already announced that YouView and General Satellite cannot coexist.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

[New]

I experimented today Force stop those two apps.

• YVServiceHost can be stopped. Remains inactive even after Reboot
  • YouView backaground app can also be stopped but is automatically re-enabled after Reboot or power loss.

Satellite channels were all deleted and Satellites were scanned again.

Satellite channels auto rearranging themselves issue, seems to stop. Not sure yet. NOT SOLVED (updated 10/04/2016)

Deleted Channels reappearing issue is not fixed this way. I left three channels on list by using Sony Editor and after selecting and viewing, they where automatically populated to 26. Everything that exist in same TP(transponder) reappeared.

This TV will go back to Sony because of what? A so simple thing as Auto Services scan CANNOT really be disabled(OFF) even if they seem disabled.