Join now - be part of our community!

Ghosting on KD-65x89k

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Ghosting on KD-65x89k

Hi all

Can anyone PLEEAAAAASE help me eliminate ghosting once and for all, its driving me nuts.

So this is the problem,  On the tv Freesat inbuilt tuner the pic is fine, no ghosting or blurr that i can see, its fine, same with the HDMI connected devices, Sony Ps4 and Sony Bluray Player, havent checked them out completely but ive not noticed any ghosting, they are attached with good quality 8k cables, The problem seems to be with watching a movie from an external source via streaming, example, From my PC with Universal Media Server installed and VLC Player installed on the Tv to access the server and play the movies, the ghosting appears on everything streamed in that manner and its bad and ruining the experience completely, Ive fiddled with all the settings and reset them multiple times, like motionflow etc,  so for the next step i copied the movies to a 128gb Flash Stick and plugged it into the Usb port and tried watching the movie that way, Ghosting was still present but not as bad as streaming it over a server.

My tv is connected to my router via Eth cable to give it the fastest possible service avoiding wifi.

Anyone know how to resolve this so i can use my pc as a media server?,  ive dont this with my previous 2 tvs, Hisense and LG and ive never had this issue, its only since i got the sony that its been apparent.

Just to say ive never really configured any picture settings for best pic because i dont know how to, i tried following the sony guide with their calibration pic but it makes no sense at all because i have to display the pic via usb and when i click on settings with the pic on it closes the player, so i dont really know how to calibrate it properly for best results and i hate to say it, But the Sony guides really arent that useful at all..

Heres hoping.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Can try to change the PC's Media Server, the TV's Player (from VLC to other...), and, anyway, the connection front LAN to WLAN...
profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Hi thanks for reply.  I have changed the pc server, im now using Serviio, i have also changed the Dlna player on the tv to the built in one,  It is slightly better, havent thoroughly tested.

I dont see changing from Lan to wireless would help, surely Lan would be far faster as my pc has Gigabit Lan and its my understanding that wired setups are faster and more stable than wireless.

Thanks for reply, still need to find a definitive way to calibrate this tv pic settings and recommendations for overall best optimal settings.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The TV's LAN is 10/100 not Gigabit...

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @graygerman, since the issue only occurs with the PC, and since you have tested different HDMI devices and you haven't noticed any ghosting, that seems to be an issue either related to the compatibility between both devices or the PC itself. So, have you tried different HDMI cables & different HDMI ports? Also what is the software version installed on your TV? and did you notice this ghosting issue with any other content such as the internal apps or different external devices?

Also have you tried a factory data reset?