Join now - be part of our community!

catchup and sideloaded apps on latest sony youview tv,s

profile.country.GB.title
nodrog47

catchup and sideloaded apps on latest sony youview tv,s

Hi all,

I am considering replacing my 7 year old sony tv which  as Youview installed but I was not a fan of Youview so I side loaded Hoshsadiq- bravia-youview- player-launchers from github 

I then disabled Youview and had access to sat tuner, record to HDD and all catchup channels which I was 100% satisfied with.

My question is ,as anyone with a recent 2021-22 sony Youview tv managed to used the Hoshsadig sideloaded sdk to disable Youview.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@nodrog47 

Sony and YouView started changing the rules in 2020 and subsequently so you can use these apps outside of YouView (now banished to/disguised as Live & Catchup TV), use them without a terrestrial aerial, and dip in and out of YouView like it’s an app, instead of the big-deal changeover between YouView and Freeview there was in 2015-2019 sets.

So with all the changes, and the lessening of the need for his sideloading after 2020, Hoshsadiq has given up updating his code to follow the latest Sony model year.

However, his repository remains available for those with the earlier sets it was designed for.

My take on the provided apps though, even on this year’s sets, is here:-

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/watching-live-tv-on-all4-and-itv-hub/m-p/3890164#M60379

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…