Join now - be part of our community!

ATV Firmware Update 19 July 2016 - Problems and Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

ATV Firmware Update 19 July 2016 - Problems and Issues

Hello all

This thread is specifically for people who are experiencing issues relating to the Android TV firmware which was released on 19 July 2016 – Version 3.473.

For general discussions of this firmware, please use the following thread or the main large Android TV thread:
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/atv-firmware-3-473-discussion/m-p/2202548

Please ensure you have factory reset the TV before posting here. See link for instructions:
http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/kw/

Please include the model of your TV, the country you are located in and any other relevent details.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I can't work out how to delete a post. My reported issue with the remote after the update was wrong as the remote, coincidentally, just needed new batteries. Sorry about that. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

What remains unsolved again and again and again:

1. Very Slow response in Digital Adjustments and in Satellite Programme List Edit. (as if there is no processor power or system memory)

2. After Satellite channel search, Satellite Channels are placed again over 101 .........

3. General Satellite gives an error: No signal. Please check your antenna connection. This happens if in sequence:

a. Reboot from within Digital(DVB-T)

b. TV starts in digital(DVB-T).

c. General Satellite is selected after Digital(DVB-T)

and... can be solved only if Digital is selected again and then go back to General Satellite.

4. Deleted Satellite channels re-appear themselves automatically.

5. Satellite Channels re-arrange themselves automatically if TV is reboot within Digital(DVB-T).

6. Using Favourites lists in both Digital and General Satellite and browsing with Remote Control PROG +/- , mixes channels from these different tuners. Digital Favourites1 go by themselves to Satellite Favourites1.

7. Favourites are not numbered as 1, 2, 3 ... but keep their initial number from General Satellite list.

8. Sorting-Editing both Digital and Satellite channels does not move all rest channels downwards as before, but simply REVERSES(SWAPS) channels places - positions. What I mean is if for example:

• channel No500 I want to be placed at No1
  • Move channel No500 to place of No1
  • Then previous No1 goes to No500.
  • The common sense says that No1 MUST go to No2 NOT at No500 !!!!!!!!!!!

9. Programme List Transfer in Digital Setup - Technical Setup remains Greyed(fade) unable to select if my Logitech K400 plus USB transmitter is plugged-in.

10. Poor Digital and Satellite Channel Adjustments. No channel Rename, no skip, no channel preview(little PIP).

11. Disabled Network re-enables itself automatically if Network is simply accessed from Home Screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

An issue with adjusting the volume level within the VEVO App seems to have been introduced since the update.

Thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/android-tv-vevo-app/m-p/2211385

profile.country.GB.title
m502cbk

None of the problems I've previously reported have been fixed.

I can't see any change in the operation of my 55X8005C at all, so what did this update actually do?

grandyle
Explorer

I'm pretty sure that deep linking Netflix content from the discover menu used to work just fine. No longer it seems.

profile.country.GB.title
jafield72
Explorer

Did anyone else lose many of the digital channels after the update? I have had to re-tune several times now (following a factory reset) and I still was missing several channels (among them ITV, C4 ) .

However, I then clicked on "Discover" - and deliberately selcted a channel that didnt appear in my guide - and found that it worked (on previous occassions I had the "No signal messge. check your connections" message) and now, it seems I have all the channels back on the Guide.

Seems very flaky and unpredictable to me!!

I am sure my aerial connections is OK since throghout all these TV  channel problems my DVD recorder (from where the  aerial is daisychained) had no problem finding all channels (ie. if I slected the DVD input on the TV).

Confused and now totally lacking in confidence in this 6 month old TV (It is a  KD-75X8505C)