Join now - be part of our community!

49xe9005 sound issue

profile.country.GB.title
Docatty
Explorer

49xe9005 sound issue

My Sony Bravia 49xe9005 until recently was working fine. Now it’s sound keeps muting then unmuting very randomly. The status light is flashing constantly. Tried resetting and no joy. Any idea what is happening and a possible solution? 

Cheers

Atty

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Docatty
Explorer

my current setup is

Sony Bravia 49XE9005

Sky HD box

Bose Sound Bar (setting on tv set to use externanal speak rather than TV speaker

everytime i use the sky control, any button, soundbar remote, any button, TV Remote control the volume level number (bottom Left) appears. if i contiue pushing any button, i can toggle at the press of any button, bettwen mute and unmute

When watching a channel, not touching any control. TV mutes itself, volume number appears with a cross over it. Randomnly, it unmutes itself, or i can unmute pressing any button on any control. Very bizarre. 

Anyone have an ideas what is happening?

none of the above was happening yesterday so dont understand what has happenned. 

Cheers

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Docatty,

since the status-light constantly flashes, that implies the TV receives some IR or Bluetooth signal.

If your TV uses IR as connection method to the remote, I would put painters tape over the IR receiver to verify that non of the remotes have a bug/stuck button which causes the described behavior.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Docatty
Explorer

Thank you Nic. Problem solved. Turned out it was my ageing sky remote causing the issue. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hey @Docatty,

thank you for reporting back and telling me (and all the other community members) what the cause for the issue was.

I really appreciate it. :wink:

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
SujeetK
New

Hi Nick..

i am having the same kinda issue, whichever button I press only mute & unmute command is going to TV.

could you please assist me in that