Join now - be part of our community!

4 red leds blinking after latest update (KD55XE9005)

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

4 red leds blinking after latest update (KD55XE9005)

After the update my TV doesn't turn on and show a 4 red leds blinking.

I have tried an hard reset, but nothing happened. What can have happened? 

93 REPLIES 93
profile.country.GB.title
Hollowma
Explorer

We had the engineer out yesterday and they have said the whole tv needs replacing, should be getting it next week. The engineer guys had said it has affected 100s and they don’t understand why Sony are not just replacing the TVs 

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Just to let people know the update worked fine on my 49X9005.

profile.country.GB.title
Dazza1179
Explorer

I’m after some advice!

Sony have offered me a KD-55XF9005 in replace of my bricked KD-55E8596. I haven’t really got time to research, but I’m assuming it’s a better model?!? 

profile.country.CZ.title
mmhorda

newver yes.

better?  who knows. :slight_smile:

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

XF90 is way better compared to XE85 with respect to picture quality. Application SoC and software/Android TV is exactly the same crap though.

profile.country.GB.title
Salty_Wagyu
Explorer

@Dazza1179 wrote:

I’m after some advice!

Sony have offered me a KD-55XF9005 in replace of my bricked KD-55E8596. I haven’t really got time to research, but I’m assuming it’s a better model?!? 

Damn you got lucky. I'd go for it, its a proper HDR TV compared to the 8596! Plus none of that frame repeat crap if you spotted any on 50hz content.

My 8596 was repaired today at home, engineer replaced the board and all up and running now.

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

@Salty_Wagyu wrote:

My 8596 was repaired today at home, engineer replaced the board and all up and running now.

I envy you for the services that you enjoy as customers in the UK (not referring to Sony exclusively).

Of course, the UK market size and significance and its customers' awareness are the main reasons.

In these fields, Greece is still in the Bronze Age.

PS. I also have in mind the XE to XF exchange that a large number of UK users are mentioning in avsforums (due to the stutter bug).

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

LOL they have actually removed the update now for XE85 and XE90 models, bit late for that, I updated ages ago. Sony are sloooooow.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/downloads/00015300

IMPORTANT:
We apologize for the inconvenience, but the release of this software update has been delayed. We are working on the issue and will release the update as soon as possible. (Added on 08-06-2018)

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

LOL

EMBARRASSING 

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

@stormyuk wrote:

Sony are sloooooow.

Call me Rantanplan (a.k.a. Rin-Tin-Can).